Distribution Logistics Engineer
Distribution Logistics Engineer
See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, eleven years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list seven times.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our culture and growth!
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
- Fitness center, game room and on-site food market
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
The Distribution Logistics Engineer ( Internally known as The Town Optimizer) will collaborate with the distribution center leadership team to develop standardized work, monitor DC performance for productivity and quality, incorporate lean concepts and drive overall operational efficiencies. They will lead workforce planning across the DC, developing detailed staffing models that account for the complex interaction of work arrival, production rates by area and shipping deadlines to ensure customer needs are met daily. They will also plan for and execute projects in the use of automation, process improvement and labor optimization across multiple distribution.
A Typical Day
- In coordination with functional leadership, plans for and monitors the effective use of more than 200 hourly team-members, a goods-to-person picking system, and automated conveyor system, to efficiently complete daily workloads across the distribution center
- Measures and manages processes to ensure quality is within acceptable range with a focus on continuous improvement
- Evaluate recommend and plan areas of improvement and automation in coordination with facilities management and other functional area leaders within the distribution center
- Support the execution of labor management, and implement performance measures
- Initiate continuous improvement and lean concept to identify opportunities
To Land This Opportunity
- You are a passionate Industrial Engineer with 5 years of experience in an automated distribution center environment
- You are nimble and thrive in rapidly growing companies
- You have experience with lean and/or six sigma process improvements and have many examples of leading meaningful process improvement projects in a DC environment
- You’re an all-star communicator and are fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- You know MS Office, heck you consider yourself a master!
- You pay close attention to detail, as far as you’re concerned anything worth doing should be done right
About Your Future Team
Our Distribution Center Team is full of high-performing team members who have a passion and enthusiasm. We like to work hard to meet our performance goals while having fun and supporting our team members.
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an E-Verify employer.