See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, twelve years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list eight times. Plus, we were voted by our Chicagoland team as a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace in 2020.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our virtual tour and culture!
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code
- On-demand pay options: Access your pay as you earn it, to cover unexpected or even everyday expenses
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
The Accounting Manager (internally known as Manager, Kicking Assets & Taking Names) will be responsible for monthly close process, balance sheet reconciliations, sales tax, general ledger support, and supporting various accounting and business process improvements and innovations. As the leader of the general accounting team, the accounting manager will work closely with the staff and senior accountants to ensure the accurate and timely of our monthly results and balance sheet reconciliations. You will use your experience to identify and implement process improvements to reduce the time needed to report monthly financial results and ensure consistent and accurate reporting across the business.
A Typical Day
- Complete and review the accounting teams’ balance sheet reconciliations ensuring timely clearing of reconciling items and accurate reporting of key balance sheet items
- Prepare and review journal entries and P&L results to ensure accurate and complete reporting on a monthly basis
- Develop reporting to ensure accurate accruals, inventory, cash, payables and receivables reporting on a daily/monthly basis
- Oversee the sales tax department, with responsibility for the sales tax software platforms, accurate assessment and reporting of sales tax, and strong support for our customers in the tax area
- Manage and develop a team of 5 accounting team members
- Identify reporting issues and process improvement opportunities within the recurring accounting functions
- Provide accounting support on new business processes and initiatives
- Support the annual financial and lending audit process
To Land This Opportunity
- You have 2-5 years of Accounting management experience
- If you have Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, it’s a plus
- You possess excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Bonus points if you have distribution or manufacturing experience with an inventory-based business
- You are analytical and pay close attentional to detail
- You have strong excel, access, and ERP experience
- You enjoy a fast-paced work environment
About Your Future Team
Our team is extremely passionate about food and music. If you enjoy tasty treats, potlucks, and rocking out to all genres of music, you will fit right in. We may also be slightly competitive, especially when it comes to the Parts Town Olympics!
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an E-Verify employer.