Talent Acquisition Specialist
Talent Acquisition Specialist
See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, twelve years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list eight times. Plus, we were voted by our Chicagoland team as a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace in 2020.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our virtual tour and culture!
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
- Fitness center, game room and on-site food market
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
Talent Acquisition Specialists (Internally known as Talent Sourcer-er) at Parts Town are passionate about building world-class teams and have a desire to deliver the best candidate experience in every effort. You will manage the high-volume, full-cycle recruiting process inclusive of the initial job description development, candidate sourcing, phone interviewing, coordinating interviews and job offers, and new hire onboarding. You are creative in how you source candidates and thrive in situations where you must think outside the box. In this role, you are candidates’ first impression of Parts Town and therefore, positive energy, sound judgment and outstanding communication are a must!
A Typical Day
- Partner with a fun and passionate recruiting team to deliver the best candidate experience in every effort
- High volume full-cycle recruitment; including job description development, candidate sourcing, phone interviewing, coordinating interviews, extending job offers, and new hire on-boarding
- Utilize Jobvite our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to review candidate resumes, perform phone interviews, and proactively communicate with hiring managers and candidates
- Creatively source for open roles, using multiple recruiting channels which include: job boards, colleges and universities, job fairs, social media, and employee referrals
- Collectively partner with hiring managers to identify knowledge, skills, abilities, and characteristics of ideal candidates
- Create a positive candidate experience for internal and external candidates by moving them through the recruiting process quickly, professionally and with clear communication
- Execute new hire on-boarding; including desk set-up, welcome email, training schedules, and completion of new hire paperwork
To Land This Opportunity
- You have 1-3 years’ experience in recruiting, talent acquisition
- You share our values – Safety, Integrity, Passion, Courage and Innovation resonate with you and you want to work with other like-minded teammates
- You are organized and thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere – You prioritize work and time across projects seamlessly to optimize results (experience utilizing an Applicant Tracking Software preferred!)
- You have a passion for talent acquisition – Nothing is more exciting to you than proactively sourcing the perfect candidate
- You work well with others – You love collaborating with various hiring managers and are a flexible team player with a positive uplifting attitude
- You’re a data nerd – You use recruiting and talent acquisition data to support hiring decisions
- You see all assigned HR projects to completion and approach them with great detail
- You have a high school diploma or GED
- You’re an all-star communicator and are fluent in English (both written and verbal)
About Your Future Team
Our Talent team’s favorite pastimes include corny jokes, Disney themed puzzles and Harry Potter. We like dogs, and we like coffee…a lot (we’ll hear you out on whether Dunkin or Starbucks gets your vote).
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an E-Verify employer.