Packaging Engineering Co-Op
Co-Op, Package Engineering, Pharmaceutical Technology, Michigan-Rochester
About Endo International plc
Endo International plc (NASDAQ: ENDP) is a highly focused generics and specialty branded pharmaceutical company delivering quality medicines to patients in need through excellence in development, manufacturing and commercialization. Endo has global headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, and U.S. headquarters in Malvern, PA, employing approximately 3,000 people worldwide. For 2018 Endo, reported revenue of $2.947B and adjusted diluted EPS of $2.89. Learn more at www.endo.com.
Performs modifications and reviews of secondary packaging artwork and implement new components within Manufacturing. Create/modify packaging specifications for primary, secondary and tertiary components. Perform packaging trials to onboard new packaging components and create equipment recipes within Manufacturing. Obtains knowledge and demonstrates ability to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices and company procedures. Develops and maintains cooperative cross-functional relationships with peers and leadership in Quality, Operations, Pharmaceutical Technology, and Supply Chain to meet objectives. In partnership with the site leaders sponsors a quality and compliance focused site culture which embraces RFT (right first time) and CI (continuous improvement) expectations.
Co-Op of Package Engineering at Rochester, MI supports everyday activities of the Package Engineering Department.
Equipment dependent on area focus may include: Lab equipment (Drop Tester, Rub Tester, and Barcode Verifier), labelers, vision systems, cartoners, serialization systems.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs modifications and reviews of secondary packaging artwork and implement new components within Manufacturing.
- Create/modify packaging specifications for primary, secondary and tertiary components.
- Perform packaging trials to onboard packaging components and create equipment recipes within Manufacturing.
- Complete package testing and maintain packaging samples within Package Engineering Laboratory.
- Understands & adheres to good documentation practices (GDP)
- Obtains knowledge and executes assignments in QMS areas: Change control.
- Initiates maximo work orders for equipment and facility repairs/modifications when necessary.
- Complies with training of batch records, SOP's, and cGMP's, and maintains documentation.
- Participates in safety meetings, investigates accidents, and takes appropriate corrective action to eliminate hazardous conditions.
- Troubleshoots or resolves issues impeding department objectives/deliverable.
- Consistently communicates. Keeps manager/director informed of project statuses; elevates as needed.
- Participates in creating an atmosphere of team effort & open communication.
Education & Experience
- Required- High School Diploma, and enrolled in a B.A. /B.S. Degree program in an engineering discipline.
- Desired – enrolled in B.A. or B.S. Package Engineering degree program with strong interest in Manufacturing environments and package development and testing.
- Required – Experience not applicable
- Desired – Previous Co-Op experience
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and general computer-based application
Skills & Abilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
For internal candidates: meets or exceeds expectations as follows:
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs and intended audience; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures
To perform the job successfully AND progressively achieve, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification when required; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility/accountability for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Initiative -Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Resilience - Deals effectively with pressure, remains optimistic and persistent even under adversity. Recovers quickly from setbacks.
- Problem Solving -Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability -Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Routine entry into a packaging environment that requires garbing into the area.
- Stand, Walk, Sit, Talk and/or Hear
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Frequently working near or exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The noise level is moderate
- Work environment is a production/manufacturing plant
Endo recognizes the advantages of a diverse workforce achieved through a commitment to equal employment opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled