Senior Quality Specialist, Training
Sr. Quality Specialist, Training, Quality, Michigan-Rochester
About Endo International plc
Endo International plc (NASDAQ: ENDP) is a highly focused generics and specialty branded pharmaceutical company delivering quality medicines to patients in need through excellence in development, manufacturing and commercialization. Endo has global headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, and U.S. headquarters in Malvern, PA, employing approximately 3,000 people worldwide. For 2018 Endo, reported revenue of $2.947B and adjusted diluted EPS of $2.89. Learn more at www.endo.com.
The Sr. Quality Specialist, Training provides support to the Compliance Department and ensures compliance with cGMP and company policies, procedures and specifications. Specifically, the Sr. Specialist will be responsible for independently overall administration, execution, management, and maintenance of the training system, the specific details of which are as follows:
- Management, continual assessment and improvement of the training system and its compliance with cGMP.
- Provide subject matter expert (SME) support as needed for regulatory inspections and site Quality / Compliance efforts
- Training of Site Management and Training Coordinators on their roles and responsibilities in the training system
- Training of Training System assets (e.g. Quality Specialist, Training)
- Management, maintenance, and monitoring of training records, both electronically within ComplianceWire Learning Management System (LMS) as well as any paper based records.
- Reviewing and approving of quizzes prior to SOP promotion to training
- Assisting with the administrative setup of training sessions
- Facilitating and / or conducting cGMP training for the site (e.g. annual refreshers, new hire orientation)
- Conducting training with Certified Trainers including Train The Trainer
- Compilation of Training metrics for inclusion in QRB reports
Secondary responsibilities include assisting other aspects within the Compliance Department such as product complaint handling, vendor management, internal audits, and management of 3rd party, regulatory, or corporate inspections. The ideal candidate for this position should be comfortable in a public speaking environment as well as working one-on-one with individual Training Coordinators and Department Heads as primary contact for training related issues.
Responsible for the overall administration of the site training system for both new and existing employees in the Generics Business.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the site Business System Administrator (BSA) for the site training system.
- Serve as the site SME for the training system; present/explain the system during audits.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all training-related items for the department training coordinators; secondary point of contact for Certified Trainers and Department Management.
- Manage Training records, both electronic and paper based.
- Manage and conduct Introductory and Annual cGMP training sessions.
- Conduct classroom training during new hire orientation, annual GMP and Certified Trainers certification courses.
- Creation, implementation, management and maintenance of On-the-Job training program.
- Administration of the Training Coordinator program.
- ComplianceWire Administration.
- Train personnel on how to use the system.
- Creation and maintenance of training curriculum / roles.
- Creation of Training Items.
- Review and approve quizzes associated with SOPs.
- Review SOPs for clarity prior to promotion to training.
- May serve as Training Coordinator for Compliance and Quality Systems department.
- Author new or revise existing Compliance procedures (SOPs and Work Instructions) as needed.
- Subject matter expert for the training system.
- May develop a SOP training matrix and monitor training compliance against that program.
- Actively identify opportunities and implement improvements to the training program (based on supervisors’ input, audit findings, current investigation trends, industry trends/practices, etc.).
- Owner of Training System Metrics.
- Develop and monitor appropriate metrics to ascertain the effectiveness of the training.
- Compile monthly and quarterly Training metrics for inclusion in QRB reports.
May support/assist in other aspects within the Compliance Department such as:
- Complaint handling
- Vendor Management
- Internal Audits
- Coordination of Inspection Readiness logistic activities
- Regulatory inspection support (e.g. War Room support, runner, scribe)
- Other responsibilities as required by the management.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a science discipline (Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or Microbiology preferred) with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a GMP environment is required.
- Experience in employee training is required.
- Experience with administration of an electronic training management system strongly is desired.
- Strong knowledge of the 21 CFR Part 210 and 211, GDP and GMP.
- Strong knowledge of FDA and GMP regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of Company SOPs applicable to job.
- In-depth knowledge of all applicable Instructional Design practices.
- Technical and quality background related to pharmaceuticals.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Multi-tasked, ability to work independently or with minimum supervision, efficient and effective.
- Computer literate in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Customer focused.
- Influence management capability.
Incumbents are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear; looking at monitor, moderate noise levels. Work is performed in a cGMP environment.
- Afternoon shift premium is 10% (non-union positions only)
- Midnight shift premium is 15% (non-union positions only)
Endo recognizes the advantages of a diverse workforce achieved through a commitment to equal employment opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled