Planner-Buyer Production Planning
Planner-Buyer Production Planning, Production Planning, Irvine, CA
About Par Pharmaceutical:
Par Pharmaceutical, headquartered in Chestnut Ridge, NY, develops, manufactures and markets safe, innovative and cost-effective generic pharmaceutical and branded injectable products that help improve patient quality of life. Par, among the top leaders in the U.S. generics industry, possesses a portfolio that includes sterile injectables, alternative dosage forms and many other differentiated products. Par is advancing a robust research and development (R&D) pipeline of potential products. Par is an operating company of Endo International plc (NASDAQ: ENDP), a highly focused generics and specialty branded pharmaceutical company delivering quality medicines to patients through excellence in development, manufacturing and commercialization. Learn more at www.endo.com or www.parpharm.com.
The Planner-Buyer Production Planning is responsible for analyzing and responding to demand from manufacturing and sales (forecasted or tangible) for a specific classification (or commodity groups) of materials. The incumbent is responsible to analyze the output from the corporate planning systems and respond effectively and promptly. The incumbent is responsible for the tactical / administrative procurement activities, ensuring the timely fulfillment of supply chain demand from requirement through receipt of their assigned commodity group.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On a weekly basis, review the Material Resource Plan (MRP) output and align requirements based on the latest version of the artwork for printed packaging components. Upon finalizing the requirements convert/consolidate planned orders to Purchase orders.
- On a daily basis, analyze, approve and communicate orders to the suppliers. This will include new orders and/or changes to previous releases. Initiate follow up on orders placed; expedite deliveries.
- Keep the Purchasing Manager and Master Production Scheduler informed of delivery changes that might affect production.
- Monitor and report quality and delivery metrics of supplied lots on a monthly basis to monitor and report quality and delivery dates weekly.
- Perform priority Quality Control (QC) testing.
- Review and update open purchased order report.
- Approve and process requisitions.
- Attend weekly bulk and packaging meeting.
- Prepare updates for new product launches.
- Communication with label compliance on new or revised label and outsert changes.
- Monitor inventory performance against plan and initiate actions where variances arise. Take corrective action on those items that are not within established inventory levels. Follow up any claims to suppliers that may arise on purchased materials.
- Review weekly and monthly shortages.
- Maintain control of packaging changes to assure that these changes are introduced efficiently and write offs are reduced to a minimum.
- Provide forecasts to suppliers on Active Ingredients and Packaging Components based on the MRP requirements.
- Anticipate emergency conditions such as vendor strikes or shut downs and take necessary actions to n plant reduce their effect on operations.
- Provide forecast to key suppliers.
- Review Accounts Payable (AP) issues.
- Bachelors’ Degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in a Finance, Logistics, or Business discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in structured planning environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced expertise in MRP / systems supported planning.
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards preferred.
- Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, although the noise level will be moderate when working in the warehouse or on the production floor
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Endo recognizes the advantages of a diverse workforce achieved through a commitment to equal employment opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled