Associate Director, Supply Chain
Associate Director, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Administration, Irvine, CA
About Par Pharmaceutical:
Par Pharmaceutical, headquartered in Chestnut Ridge, NY, develops, manufactures and markets safe, innovative and cost-effective generic pharmaceutical and branded injectable products that help improve patient quality of life. Par, among the top leaders in the U.S. generics industry, possesses a portfolio that includes sterile injectables, alternative dosage forms and many other differentiated products. Par is advancing a robust research and development (R&D) pipeline of potential products. Par is an operating company of Endo International plc (NASDAQ: ENDP), a highly focused generics and specialty branded pharmaceutical company delivering quality medicines to patients through excellence in development, manufacturing and commercialization. Learn more at www.endo.com or www.parpharm.com.
The Associate Director is responsible for an equal mix of purchasing goods and services according to the company’s buying guidelines, inventory management, and requirement planning.
The incumbent will lead negotiations, relationships and evaluation with suppliers and recommend actions related to inventory management. He/she will work closely with Finance, QA, Regs affairs, Marketing and Sales to ensure adequate communications, data integrity and prompt corrections if necessary.
The incumbent will assist the Director of Supply Chain with contract negotiation and will take the ownership/lead of the Due Diligence with Business Development.
The Associate Director, Supply Chain is expected to absorb information quickly and use available tools to identify and exploit opportunities that arise. The incumbent identifies opportunities to reduce costs and increase efficiency. The incumbent will be responsible for managing relationships with all key contract manufacturers.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiates delivery dates, quantities and the appropriate transport mode and ensure proper parameters in SAP.
- Launching new products that are going to be in the procurement analyst portfolio after the launch.
- Determines the required quantities and delivery dates to meet specific needs and authorizes purchase orders accordingly.
- Releases purchase orders on approved suppliers in a timely manner.
- Creates purchasing/capacity plans to support customer orders and forecasts.
- Performs all steps in procurement process with extreme accuracy and
- care to avoid economic loss.
- Responsible for all aspect of the portfolio of products (purchasing, returns, BO’s, Eccnet, specifications, forecast, or other issues).
- Communicates label revisions to suppliers and circulate them for internal approval.
- Communicates warehouse specifications to suppliers and obtain approval for all case and shrink labels.
- Prepares purchase orders for promotional materials.
- Fills out necessary documentation for product launches.
- Ensures goods receipt in SAP for all inbound stock
- Assists Director of Supply Chain in contract negotiation.
- Complies with appropriate legislation and Endo policies including, but not limited to SOX, Health Canada, FDA, working with QA to ensure that non-compliance or gaps in procedure are closed and avoid adverse impact on Paladin.
- Evaluates suppliers for performance, quality, and cost.
- Ensures that all suppliers are complying with our warehouse specifications.
- Implements and develops new projects in Operations department.
- Directs initiatives aimed at harnessing best practices and lessons learned and ensure that these are recognized, communicated and adopted across the Enterprise.
- Coaches team members on new product launches and due diligence.
- Responsible for the development and coaching of direct reports.
- Supports and/or ensures support of Due Diligence activity including contractual negotiation with external executives and risk assessments with extremely short timelines. Unquestionable discretion and confidentiality with respect to potential corporate deals supporting the long-term company vision.
- Manages the network of suppliers and build a plan to bridge the network to desired state.
- Develops and maintains global supplier network to support products and markets.
- Recommends and activates suppliers from supplier networks to launch new products in the most efficient way.
- BA/BS with 10+ years’ supply chain experience, gained from within both “line” manufacturing and corporate environments, including direct experience in procurement and significant API manufacturing and API supplier management.
- Demonstrated record of leading an organization in the establishment and execution of a global supply chain strategy.
- Successful track record of management of multi-product strategies and processes; that mitigate risk, manage and reduce cost, ensure and improve product availability and reliability.
- Experience leading effectively within matrixed, cross functional, and international environment; driving decisions regarding overall supply chain priorities.
- Understanding of GMP and related practices.
- Extensive knowledge of production and manufacturing standards for the pharmaceutical industry and the types of products the company produces.
- Deep knowledge of Canadian pharmaceutical supply chain.
- Advanced management skills.
- Comfortable and effective at communicating at all levels.
- Able to build support for a shared vision using facts, reason and persuasion. Effectively shape the debate and influence how an issue and potential solutions are perceived by others.
- Encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitate the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Able to prioritize and align the organization against goals and objectives; enable innovation through quick decision-making and encourage flexibility and a sense of urgency; ensure rigor in operational excellence; and focus on outcomes with clear measures and metrics.
- High ethical standards, integrity and strength of character in his/her personal and professional dealings and a willingness to act on and be accountable for his/her decisions.
- Able to work in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, although the noise level will be moderate when working in the warehouse or on the production floor.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Endo recognizes the advantages of a diverse workforce achieved through a commitment to equal employment opportunities.