Manager, Supply Chain Planning
Chestnut Ridge, NY
Supply Chain Planning
Direct Reports (list)
Production Scheduler (2), Buyer, Master Planner
Reports to (title)
Senior Director, Supply Chain Technical Operations
To be completed by Corporate Compensation:
FLSA (USA only)
Job Summary - a concise overview of the job
The Manager, Supply Chain Planning oversees the Master Production Schedule process for production and supporting disciplines. Maintains report targets for management to make informed operational and tactical decisions. Works directly with the Operations and Quality departments to achieve short and long term goals. Develops a systemic approach to performance indicators to assist improving overall operational performance.
All incumbents are responsible for following applicable Division & Company policies and procedures.
Scope of Authority - span of control (work unit, site, department, division, etc.), monetary value of budget/spend authority ( capital, operating, etc.), P&L responsibility, etc.
Responsible for Supply Chain at Chestnut Ridge sit
Key Accountabilities - key outcomes/deliverables, the major responsibilities, and % of time
% of Time
Manufacturing & Capacity Requirement Plan
- Maintains the Master Plan Schedule (Capacity/Utilization Model), while analyzing capacity, labor and equipment utilization
- Oversees the site MRP process and tools to ensure materials are procured and production is planned and scheduled, in order to maintain inventory and service level targets. This includes raw materials and components, as well as bulk and finished product schedules
- Responsible for procuring all the excipients and components required for commercial and non-commercial production
- Responsible for procuring materials for pre-commercial development work, and for scheduling manufacturing activities to support this development
- Responsible for order management for Endo internal purchase orders placed on the site
- Responsible for the Master Production Planning (MPP) process, including the planning of internal and external contract manufacturing and packaging organizations (CMOs/CPOs)
- Oversees all CI (Continuous Improvement) initiatives to completion
- Develop performance metrics in order to measure process improvements
- Designs control systems to coordinate activities and plan production to ensure the site meets customer expectations
- Utilize data resources and applications (ERP system, ReportsNow, MS Excel, MS Access, etc.) to analyze, influence, and report on plant operations
- Develops and maintain productive relationships internally and with suppliers, vendors and third party strategic alliance partners as a means to achieve maximum benefit from supply chain initiatives
- Assists in implementing Lean Manufacturing techniques. Ability to implement, mentor and drive organization in the development of a Lean Manufacturing culture
Education & Experience
Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience and certifications required for the job
- B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering, Information Technology or other related field
- M.S. degree is preferred
- APICS CPIM certification preferred
- Previous management experience with a minimum of three (3) years supervising exempt and/or non-exempt direct reports and leading multi-functional teams.
- A minimum of five or more (5+) years of experience required with successful track record in progressive leadership positions within an FDA regulated industry, pharmaceutical experience is preferred
Proficiency in a body of information required for the job
e.g. knowledge of FDA regulations, GMP/GLP/GCP, Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma, etc.
- Proficiency in Planning and Inventory Control
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Power Point, and Access).
- Advance Skills in Data Base development applications (MS SQL Server, OBIEE, Reports Now, etc.).
- Proven track record in influencing organizational change at strategic and tactical levels.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
Often referred to as “competencies”, leadership attributes, skills, abilities or behaviors that may be enterprise, functional or job specific e.g. coaching, negotiation, calibration, technical writing etc.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Physical & mental requirements e.g. lift 40 pounds, walk across plant/warehouse, business travel (% of time), driving as part of work responsibilities, etc.
- Incumbents are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell, looking at monitor, moderate noise levels and some business travel. Work is performed in a cGMP and FDA regulated environment.