Manager, Procurement, Supply Chain, Irvine, CA
About Par Pharmaceutical:
Par Pharmaceutical, headquartered in Chestnut Ridge, NY, develops, manufactures and markets safe, innovative and cost-effective generic pharmaceutical and branded injectable products that help improve patient quality of life. Par, among the top leaders in the U.S. generics industry, possesses a portfolio that includes sterile injectables, alternative dosage forms and many other differentiated products. Par is advancing a robust research and development (R&D) pipeline of potential products. Par is an operating company of Endo International plc (NASDAQ: ENDP), a highly focused generics and specialty branded pharmaceutical company delivering quality medicines to patients through excellence in development, manufacturing and commercialization. Learn more at www.endo.com or www.parpharm.com.
The Manager, Procurement is responsible for managing and centralizing the procurement of all supplies for the site for commercial purposes with the exception of API. The role works cross-functionally within the assigned site to execute strategies, gain alignment, drive cost reduction and streamline inventories in house. Source all key supplies for the site and manage excipients and consumables for targeted or potentially targeted products identified for internal use.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep abreast of the market and provide market intelligence to management on potential opportunities meeting the criteria for introduction of alternative suppliers.
- Maintain knowledge of market pricing for key chemical entities to maintain competitive edge within the market. Identify price discrepancies noted between Endo’s source and market pricing, work with related group to identify alternate sources.
- Provide support through commercial product life cycle. Ensure that all groups and/or partners have the data and materials they need within the timeframe needed. Follow the Companies guidelines for JDE/SAP and Finance when placing orders or creating vendor/item numbers. Assist Supply Chain with transition of project once nearing launch timeline.
- Assess potential opportunities that may yield potential savings and overall improvement.
- Manage assigned category spend.
- Manage the day-to-day purchasing operations at the site (but not limited to) including GMP items, consumables, and all site supplies to support all departments.
- Centralize all procurement activities for the site.
- Provide support through commercial product life cycle.
- Ensure that all groups and/or partners have the data and materials to support on time and quality PAS filings.
- Assist Supply Chain with transition of project post filing.
- Conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of staff.
- Hire, train, and manage performance of staff.
- Set goals and objectives for individuals and teams.
- Delegate work duties to individual staff members.
- Special projects as assigned/directed by Associate Director of Supply Chain.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a scientific or other related discipline.
- 10+ years’ related work experience within the pharmaceutical industry working closely with R&D, Business Development and Manufacturing or an equivalent overall level of knowledge based upon previous work experience.
- Purchasing experience in the pharmaceutical area; sterile and ophthalmic experience a plus.
People management experience a plus.
- Strong background in Pharmaceutical Ingredients’ Sourcing.
- Strong knowledge of key manufacturers/suppliers and associated specialties.
- Maintain knowledge of market pricing for key chemical entities to maintain competitive edge within the market.
- Understanding of the generic market, competitive landscape and legal environment as it pertains to R&D API procurement.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software applications.
- Work independently and manage multiple complex projects, and execute strategic plans.
- Strong analytical negotiation, communication, contract execution and project management skills.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Limited domestic and international travel required.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Endo recognizes the advantages of a diverse workforce achieved through a commitment to equal employment opportunities.