Arrow Senior Living Management believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success in fulfilling our mission to provide exceptional, loving and dignified care. That contribution should not be limited by assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designated to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the individual or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
To provide direct assistance to the Executive Chef in oversight of the Culinary department.
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs.
- Supervise food preparation and kitchen staff, participating in all weekly and monthly meetings as necessary.
- Assure employees have current Food Handler’s certification for state and/or county.
- Train kitchen staff in policies and procedures to maintain the highest quality standards in cooking, presentation, and sanitation.
- Produce work schedule, maintaining correct staff needs.
- Maintain proper management of ordering systems, shipping, and receiving, inventory management, and stock rotation, using approved vendors, in order to eliminate waste and theft.
- Assist with maintenance of a month-end inventory to compute monthly food costs.
- Prepare meals using pertinent dietary guidelines and standardized menu preparation materials.
- Monitor and consider resident preferences when making menu choices.
- Assist with creation of menus, recipes and production notes as required for food preparation and maintain active involvement in preparation of food.
- Ensure proper meal portions are served to avoid waste.
- Record water and refrigerator temperatures and verify appropriate holding procedures are being followed.
- Maintain pertinent safety certifications.
- Maintain working knowledge of all state and county regulations for food ratings from all inspections for cleanliness, efficiency, and safety.
- Maintain a safe and orderly working environment.
- Report potential maintenance and hazard issues immediately.
- Prepare any requested reports, including but not limited to: resident meal summary, food and kitchen temperature logs, and departmental meeting minutes.
- Maintain proper operation and sanitation of large food service equipment, including but not limited to: ovens, slicers, mixers, steam tables, steamers, toasters, coffee pots, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Oversee the Dishwasher and staff to ensure the proper handling of all chinaware to minimize potential damage.
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the community.
- Ensure complete cleaning after each meal service.
- Participate in resident orientations by explaining amenities, routines, and expectations of the community and your department.
- Observe residents’ ability to perform daily ADLs and social skills, communicate potential difficulties or opportunities to the appropriate team member.
- When called upon, participate in care planning and other meetings.
- Encourage and motivate residents in all areas, providing assistance when necessary.
- Plan daily schedule to maximize interactions with residents.
- Participate in all training offered by employer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidate shall be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Shall be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than six (6) months prior to or seven (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrate freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis within seven (7) days of employment and annually thereafter.
- Have a current Adult First Aid card upon hire and maintains current status throughout employment.
- At least three (3) years of experience in senior housing or related field is preferred.
- Has demonstrated skills, knowledge and competency in the areas of leadership, training, and supervision.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills with other members of management, professional, and support staff are also required.
- Completion of formal culinary, food service or restaurant training or an equivalent amount of full-time supervisory or management-level work experience.
- Computer literacy sufficient to create, modify and print word processing and spreadsheet documents using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Able to send, receive, and forward e-mail.