Senior Advanced Engineer - EMC Recoverpoint
The Advanced Engineer serves the organization providing technical support on Data Center Equipment and possesses specific product knowledge on EMC Recoverpoint. The Advanced Engineer consults and trouble shoots with technical field engineers, internal employees, and customers. They will have solid understanding of networking and disk storage along with knowledge of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and industry specific tools and techniques. They will be proficient in their abilities related to multiple and specific platforms within the OEM. In addition to working on issue resolution they provide research/development for new services and products, pre-sales support and prospect evaluations, and conduct internal training for department staff and Field Engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides remote technical, to field engineers and customer end users, via problem identification, troubleshooting, diagnostics and repair strategy, through resolution on a 7x24 hour basis.
• Performs research or collects information on specific technical hardware/software related issues to determine root cause, identify alternatives, and implement a solution. This may include participating in post mortem meetings with customers.
• creates and reviews knowledgebase for technical solutions, revised processes, and technical documentation.
• Demonstrates strong working knowledge of the specific OEM operating environments, connectivity and networks.
• Provides technical knowledge on specific OEM hardware products in pre-sales opportunities in support of the sales team.
• Assists with customer system administration duties in break fix situation.
• Trouble shoots, reports and liaises with the Support Center on open problem resolutions.
• Evaluates system specifications and installation parameters.
• Develops action plans on a timely manner for field engineers to execute and work to resolution of the problem
• Productive with minimal supervision, excellent time management skill set
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Associate’s degree or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school in related field (i.e. Computer Science, Information Technology), Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• OEM knowledge based competencies, preferred.
Experience • Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience providing onsite and remote services for a specific OEM product group
• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required.
• Ability to understand and navigate technical situations with strong problem-solving skills.
• Experience working in a professional and consultative manner with customers, management and platform vendor support requirements.
• The ability to collaborate, leverage the strengths and unique perspectives of others within the organization and work together toward an agreed-upon solution.
• The ability to work effectively and thrive as a member of a team, ad hoc task group and assigned work groups to bring greater value to the overall organization.
• The ability to use experiential knowledge and creativity to find new and innovative approaches to performing the business at hand.
Certifications or Licenses
• Vendor certifications. a plus.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and an appropriate driving record based on the position requirements.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, vendors, customers, and/or the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Other: High aptitude in trouble shooting and effectively communicating information and solutions to others. Works well in high pressure situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Up to 25% travel.
• Manual dexterity to operate computers, related hardware and general office equipment, such as phone, fax/copier/scanner.
• Frequent reaching, pulling and pushing with hands and arms.
• Lifting of up to 75 pounds.
• Must be able to speak and hear adequately.
• Clear vision at close and mid distances.
• Occasional driving.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Office environment (controlled climate).
• Occasional travel by car, plane or bus.