Inside Sales, Account Executive
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora is looking for an Account Executive on the Inside Sales team to play a critical role in developing and managing a successful advertising programs for new clients. The Account Executive will provide a key role as he/she will have an assigned region and collaborate with their Local Regional Sales Manager and Reps. The Account Executive will start with a book of business and work to renew it. In addition, the AE will generate new business in their respective region, either through prospecting or leads. Upon selling the new business on Pandora’s advertising solution, the AE will continue to work that account for upsells and cross sell opportunities. This position is located in Oakland (a few blocks away from BART).
- Generate new business utilizing outbound sales skills and techniques – phone and email
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow, and maintain a regional territory account list
- Work closely with your account manager to grow a set list of accounts including any new business that is brought on through prospecting or leads.
- Contact a high volume of potential advertising accounts daily to understand their goals, present Pandora’s advertising opportunities, overcome objections, and close business
- Track and report daily calls, proposals, and closed business
- Build, maintain, and exceed territory ad revenue vs. budget.
- Ideal candidates will have 2-5 years radio and/or digital advertising sales experience.
- Online Media experience is required. Radio background is ideal.
- Understanding of the online advertising marketplace
- Industry knowledge of CPM, online Ad display units
- Entrepreneurial spirit driven to achieve sales goals
- Proven track record of carrying a budget and exceeding goals.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to quickly establish rapport with customers over the phone and email
- Goal oriented with a passion to work hard to deliver results while maintaining a positive attitude
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint.