Director, Product Analytics & Insights
Pandora is seeking a Director, Product Analytics and Insights to lead teams of analysts across Listener, Content, and Programming Analytics. The person in this role will report to the VP, Analytics and Insights for the Digital Product Development Team across SiriusXM and Pandora and will partner closely with peers in Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, User Research, and Design to drive fact-based decisions to help innovate our consumer facing product offering.
- Serve as thought leader and trusted advisor to Digital Product Development leadership and the Executive Committee on the Pandora and SiriusXM Digital Products’ audience and the drivers of listener retention and engagement including regular, proactive communication
- Demonstrate proactive, solution oriented leadership – you are always ahead of what’s coming next, you solve problems in and outside of your core area
- Coach and inspire team of 10-15 Analysts to deliver across core analytics deliverables:
- Provide the fact base to influence what products to build and develop forecasts around listener use and business outcomes
- Define key performance indicators for product areas including defining tracking requirements for new features, building and maintaining automated reporting, and speaking to performance
- Design, analyze, and report on AB tests to understand the impact of new product features and to make launch recommendations
- Visualize and communicate insights clearly across functions and levels of the organization highlighting the “so-whats?” of the analyses
- Proactively identify product opportunities within and beyond product ownerships areas through analysis of listener behavior and collaboration with cross-functional groups including User Research, Business Development, Marketing, Product, and Engineering Requirements
- 10+ years of professional experience in Product Analytics, Product Management, Data Science or equivalent field preferably for a consumer facing, engagement based, digital product
- 5+ years of experience managing teams of individual contributors in Product Analytics or equivalent field
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to solve diverse problems efficiently
- Inspiring leader with high expectations of your performance and your team. You are comfortable providing specific feedback when needed and have track record of cultivating high performing teams.
- Extensive, hands-on professional experience with AB experimentation and regression modeling
- SQL proficiency; familiarity with R or Python is a plus – you can jump in and be hands on when needed such as performing analyses or writing a complex queries
- Proven history of decision making excellence and cross-functional influence through insights
- Excellent written and communication skills; Can lead communication and collaboration with a diverse group of Senior cross-functional partners and with the Executive Leadership Team.
- Education: BA/BS or Graduate degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field