Patient Dining Associate
* Assembles trays according to patients menu on tray tickets in a timely and accurate manner.
* Interacts with Nursing to ensure patients' diet prescriptions are accurate, and patients' food needs are met.
* Completes catering rounds after passing trays to inquire if patient needs anything else.
* Retrieves trays from patients' rooms shortly after completing round.
* Maintains accurate and current information for each patient on assigned unit(s).
* Assists dietitian with monitoring of patients who are NPO, on liquid diets or have a calorie count ordered.
* Communicates any patient related problems/concerns to appropriate personnel, in a timely manner following departmental procedures.
* Contributes to patient satisfaction goals by providing quality service.
* Follows HACCP guidelines when assembling and distributing food supplies to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
* Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines.
* Responds to utility failures following department guidelines.
* Participates and attends departmental meetings and staff development programs, as appropriate.
* Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients, and visitors.
Speak and read English at a level that is sufficient to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the position. Knowledge of standard office equipment (i.e., calculator, fax, photocopier) and personal computer and computer software skills (i.e., MS Windows, Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint, internet, e-mail). Windows computer skills including proficient use of keyboarding, use of mouse or keys for functions such as selecting items, use of drop down menus, scroll bars, opening folders, copying and similar operations required upon employment or within the 1st two weeks of employment to perform the essential functions of the job. Performs other duties as assigned. Follows Palomar Health rules, policies, procedures, applicable laws and standards. Carries out the mission, vision, and quality commitment of Palomar Health.
|Minimum Education:||High School Diploma and/or combination of education and experience|
|Preferred Education:||Associate's Degree, certification as dietary manager, or equivalent|
|Minimum Experience:||1 year customer service and 6 months diet office, healthcare or institutional food service|
|Preferred Experience:||1 - 2 years of customer service and 1 - 2 years diet office or healthcare food service|
|Required Certification:||Valid food handler card issued by a San Diego county authorized food handler training school|
|Preferred Certification:||Not Applicable|
|Required License:||Not Applicable|
|Preferred License:||Valid Driver's License|
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on race, color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.