Cortex Systems Engineer, Bay Area
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineer, you will be the expert for our EndPoint Cyber Security solutions vertical within our offering. You are the “go to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements in the SOCAL Market.
The SE Specialist role is an overlay technical role that must directly support the sales delivery of quota. SE Specialists are measured by their expertise and by their ability to lead to customer successes. As the number of SE Specialists in the company is small, there is also a requirement for close interaction with Product Management to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
- Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing, and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre-sales' process for strategic opportunities
- Ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts either at the customer site or Palo Alto Networks lab facilities
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the region or theater
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Networks virtual offerings and integration in existing data center environments
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities
- Provide territory coverage within the region when additional resources are required
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite
- BSCS or equivalent and 5+ years of experience as a SE or systems integrator
- 4+ years of technical hands-on experience with application security/endpoint security
- 4+ years of experience as a pre-sales engineer facing customers; experience working with FIs is an advantage; preferably working in a start-up and vendor environment
- Solid grasp of web applications, web protocols, security and Internet environments
- Advanced knowledge of web threats and cybercrime
- Experience with common enterprise desktop software deployment methodologies
- Experience installing, configuring and integrating a complex Security environment
- Experience understanding malware, exploits, operating system structure and behavior
- Demonstrable experience in securing these environments
- Deep understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux, and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing, and solving network infrastructure security product
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Familiar working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space
- Experience installing and configuring a virtual environment
- Experience understanding threat signatures and their creation
- Travel of 40%-60% within the designated region
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to the market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work together with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.