Associate Supplier Quality Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for self-motivated, intelligent, hardworking and creative individuals to join the Hardware Quality Engineering team as a Supplier Quality Engineering. In this role, you will be part of a team that drives Quality into all aspects of the product and processes, from earlier design to field reliability. You will work alongside the Sr Quality Engineer to ensure continuous process and product improvements. You will work cross-functionally with many of the Engineering functions within the organization.
- Assist the Sr SQE with establishing manufacturing quality controls, documenting related processes, and procedures
- Support the Sr SQE on key initiatives to eliminate quality and reliability issues with products and suppliers
- Learn how to manage corrective and preventive action process (CAPA) and the QAlert issues
- Work with the Sr SQE manage supplier manufacturing data metrics that detect potential quality and reliability issues
- Learn to perform PFMEA on manufacturing lines
- Assist the Sr SQE with driving the failure analysis process, down to component levels
- Microsoft Office, Tableau, and Google Suite
- Strong attention to detail; problem-solving capabilities will be critical for success in the role
- Experience in data analysis and/or trending with strong mathematical aptitude
- Experience with Quality Management Systems; Quality Management System auditing experience would be nice
- Bachelor’s Degree in applied science or engineering field (Industrial Engineering preferred)
- 0-2 years of Quality Engineering experience (Recent college graduates encouraged to apply)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to develop relationships and work in a team environment is helpful
- Strong data analysis, investigative and problem-solving skills
- Owns decisions and takes responsibility for outcomes
- Dedicated self-starter with the ability to deal with changing priorities and environment
- Willingness to travel when required
Our Manufacturing team has extensive business and project management experience in the contract manufacturing industry. This team has a dedication to success and a consistent track record of success in all aspects of supply chain and project management.
Our manufacturing team leadership establishes clear objectives, defining and implementing profit improvement and profiling inventory management, valuation and lead-time improvement programs. If you have a passion for extensive end-to-end manufacturing and supply chain with the knowledge and experience, we want you!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.