Senior Apple Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Global Client Success team is fiercely dedicated to the success of our employee teams that use both Mac and PC equipment.
With a high sense of customer service along with mac ninja skills, the Sr. Apple Engineer is responsible for Mac environment and management of macOS and iOS devices including image creation and deployment with a strong emphasis on scalable solutions and automation.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert on macOS, iOS, and Apple technologies, recommending and implementing security policies as needed
- Mentor level 1 and 2 helpdesk teams and help develop standards and procedures as needed
- Design, create and maintain Mac OS image/staging and deployment methods
- MySQL, Linux, and Apple server administration as needed
- Coordinate and execute patching and OS upgrades
- Provide 3rd level support for escalations
- Maintains Mac management infrastructure (Casper)
- Use out-of-the-box thinking to create scalable solutions with a strong sense of prioritization
- Help coordinate software rollouts to minimize the negative impact on business
- Create and maintain scripts, packages, utilities, and configuration profiles
- Work with the Disaster Recovery team to ensure desktops and critical business apps are recoverable
- Proactively implement solutions to increase self-service and minimize business downtime
- Partner with international IT teams to ensure all solutions will function globally
- Partner closely with Help Desk and Operations teams to ensure that all necessary documentation/training is available
- Participates in Project Meetings as needed. Work with project teams to implement changes as needed
- Collaborates with vendors to design and implement solutions and resolve issues
- Advanced knowledge of building and maintaining JAMF software and services
- Ability to partner with and influence key stakeholders to make complex recommendations involving multiple competing priorities
- Ability to approach conflicts as opportunities
- Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas to audiences of different backgrounds
- Builds a network of strong, collaborative relationships (e.g., with customers, employees, business colleagues, and external partners) that increase collaboration and communication
- Understanding of Windows client OS, Active Directory, and how Apple integrates into an AD environment
- Understanding of 802.1x, PKI, and MDM
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.