Intern - IT Data Science
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our AI & Analytics group is responsible for working with business owners/stakeholders to solve difficult business problems which will have a direct impact on the metrics defined to showcase the progress. As a team we like to understand how to inject raw data into our clusters from multiple sources, build ETL framework on the top of these data sources and finally design & implement ML/AI framework on the top of the raw data to generate business insights which is presented to our end users through various Apps/portals.
Past projects have ranged from segmentation to forecasting problems involving NLP. The typical work will involve building ETL on raw data to implementing ML framework and conveying insights from the algorithmic output to stakeholders.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Closely work with business owners to understand the challenges in solving practical problems
- Unique culture to understand how to build data science pipelines and features are different from simple analytics and visualization.
- Unique opportunity to closely work with Data scientists to learn how they think about requirements on features and data processing to build and serve various models
- Work with quality peers to lean on their best practices
- Work with cutting edge technologies and frameworks in AI/ML space
- Have experience with Python
- Good understanding of ML/AI algorithms
- Think out of the box
- Willing to solve non-academic problems
- Good communication skills
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
*Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position*
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we may be facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. As a predictive enterprise environment, we analyze petabytes of data that pass through our walls daily and we hire the most talented minds in data science to build creative predictive analytics and data science solutions for our cybersecurity solutions.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.