Lead Response Team Manager, APAC
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The role of the Lead Response Manager is key to driving our new business pipeline. You will lead a team of inside sales representatives across the Asia-Pacific theatre to drive goals and quotas aligned directly to the Marketing and Sales teams. Reporting to the APAC Director of Inside Sales, you will be key in ensuring that new reps within the APAC organization are thoroughly coached and consistently develop within their roles. Additionally, you will work closely with Marketing and Sales to ensure the delivery of goals and objectives around the creation of a strong pipeline, which will generate sales and drive marketing ROI.
This role assists with the alignment, consolidation, and scaling of the lead response group in the Asia-Pacific theatre (formerly known as business development). Reporting to the APAC Director of Inside Sales, the Lead Response Manager will be key to ensuring that new reps. within the APAC organization are thoroughly coached and consistently develop within their roles. In addition to this, the Lead Response Manager will work closely with Marketing and Sales to ensure the delivery of goals and objectives around the creation of a strong pipeline; which will generate sales and drive marketing ROI.
● Lead, train, coach, and manage a diverse team of sales reps across a range of countries
● Manage the lead response team to work within assigned territories to qualify, develop, and mature marketing-supplied leads resulting in high-quality sales opportunities for sales reps and/or partners
● Meet and/or exceed daily and monthly performance targets for outbound calls, qualified leads passed, and pipeline contribution
● Ensure all sales leads from marketing-driven campaigns are followed up and passed through the system, according to the APAC lead-management process, as efficiently as possible
● Build strong relationships with all stakeholders and ensure these relationships are nurtured and productive for two-way feedback
● Provide weekly reporting to Inside Sales Director and others on individual and team performance against targets
● Partner with marketing, channel and sales leadership to build APAC sales development rep (SDR) strategies, call downs, and roadmaps for long-term success
● Work with in-region sales & technical managers and in-country lead response reps to ensure they are effectively trained on all products and understand and use best practices for operational efficiency and overall success
● Strategise with sales and marketing managers to ensure optimisation of marketing programs and initiatives, and provide feedback regularly
● Work to enhance processes and systems (e..g. SFDC enhancements) to support smooth lead and opportunity handling processes for SDRs, Sales, and partners
● Build a long-term staffing and compensation model for the APAC team, and partner with HR to recruit and hire new talent as required
● Proactively obtain program feedback and initiate plans in response to opportunities for improvement
● Consult with APAC Inside Sales Director regarding commission models and payout
● Evaluate individual team member performance and provide feedback and support to improve productivity and acknowledge contributions
● Travel approximately once per quarter
● 5+ years of experience in sales or marketing
● At least 2 years’ experience in managing people or programs involving multiple functions
● Experienced in high-volume, outbound, telephone-based lead generation/sales
● Experience with technical products in the high-tech industry
● Process-oriented in lead management
● Experience in a channel-based company with an understanding of the IT channel
● Ability to identify needs/pain points, present value-based messaging, and create a sense of urgency with prospects
● Solid written and verbal communication skills
● Familiarity with CRM system for managing leads
● Ability to meet deadlines and commitments
● Experience in inside sales demonstrated the ability to work with sales leaders to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes, and experience leading teams across multiple countries, languages, and time zones are desired
Our sales team members work hand in hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success — with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.