Desktop Support Specialist
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The IT Desktop Support team assists co-workers, both local and remote, providing technical troubleshooting and resolution to all computer issues, software or hardware. As a member of the team, you’ll handle issues when employees are in high-pressure scenarios and time is essential. It is important you’re able to keep composure during these times, resolving technical concerns for your colleagues.
At the same time, you’ll also be collecting information from our users to improve our processes – no system is flawless, and we seek individuals driven with a passion for improvement projects to create a better environment. You will meet to discuss needs for network changes and the feasibility of enhancements recommended by end users. Your voice and feedback are important, you’ll monitor technology trends and share your own recommendations for new tools or improvements into the company's existing platforms to support our entire workforce in productivity.
- Provide technical support services for all aspects of user account setup and maintenance, system patching, antivirus, system imaging, break/fix on PC and Mac devices, video conference equipment, printers/copiers, phone systems, and general IT hardware and software
- Follow SOP documentation and raise issues appropriately to a higher level of staff
- Develop and maintain a productive and professional relationship with user base working with every level of the organization
- Handle individual workflow and maintain current ticket queue via IT ticketing system
- Provide Mobile support for iOS and Android devices
- Provide after hours and weekend on-call support as needed
- Strong service-oriented mentality required
- Ability to quickly learn and cross train other IT team members
- Recent hands-on technical experience with G-Suite, Windows 10, Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Cloud Products (Drive, Gmail), MacOS High Sierra, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, system imaging, VPN, basic networking, network connectivity including 802.11x, PC and Apple hardware, and mobile devices
- Basic understanding of networking
- Recent experience with remote access and remote-control tools to support remote employees (preferably MS Remote desktop, Zoom ServiceNow, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, JAMF, LANDESK, and AirWatch)
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.