Cloud Software Engineer (Threat Intelligence)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We're seeking innovators - engineers who seek to design new products, designing state-of-the-art products that do not exist today. These engineers love to code with a drive to build global products and bring new ideas to develop security disciplines to solve real-world problems. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to pursue problems at every level. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
- Participate in the design and implementation of threat intelligence services for public cloud and private cloud features
- Participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test
- Provide real-time security services to customers
- Work with PLM on new feature requirement
- Work with QA and DevOps on new release deployment
- Work with support to handle customer issues
- Work with security researchers and data scientist on a new feature request
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Solid programming skills in GoLang, Python, Java, and C are a plus
- Solid skills with Kubernetes
- Rich GCP experience
- Solid knowledge of NGINX
- 3 years of working experience on data infrastructure platforms
- Strong micro-service development experience
- Rich Experience with SQL and No-SQL DB technologies such as MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Hands-on experience with the queuing system such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, and experience in Consul is a big plus
- Solid skills in multi-threads and multi-processes programming and experience in a distributed system are preferred
- DevOps experience a plus
- Teamwork, problem-solving and a can-do attitude
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.