Cortex XSOAR Partner Developer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a motivated, intelligent, hardworking and creative candidate to join the Cortex XSOAR (formerly Demisto) team as a Partner Developer. As a Partner Developer, you will be part of a team that helps our technical partners succeed by building on top of the Cortex XSOAR platform. This is an externally-facing role: you’ll work directly with hundreds of current, cutting-edge cybersecurity vendors - from startup to giants - to define relevant use cases, scope and build a Cortex XSOAR integration, guide them through our engineering process and be their primary contact for technical questions. This is a highly technical, hands-on role where you’ll be coding and into the bits and bytes on a daily basis. And this is a cross functional role; you’ll be working with Business Development, Product Management, Customer Success, Engineering, Security Architecture, Marketing, and others. You’ll report into the Product organization. This is a super opportunity to get deeper in the cybersecurity space, learn new technologies, network and build a huge list of contacts in the space, and see how a successful ~$4B company operates.
● Involved in the full development lifecycle: review architecture design documents, assist in build and test, and support content being pushed out to hundreds of customers.
● Work directly with Technology Vendors (partners) on product use cases, API documentation questions, instance setup requests. Learn their product and discuss potential integration points.
● Work directly with customers/prospects to validate use cases and integration requests.
Define how customers will use our partner integrations.
● Develop information security and incident response workflows, procedures and best practices and publish them as playbooks.
● Demonstrate the Cortex XSOAR product to partners and make it shine so they’ll be excited to work with us.
● Create new processes to streamline your job and/or the partner’s experience.
● Improve documentation and support new programs to empower our partners.
● Advocate and interact with product management and engineering regularly.
Your Technical Experience
● Extensive hands-on programming skills in Python. This is a highly-technical hands-on role.
● GitHub experience including Issues, Pull Requests, branches, forking, etc.
● Basic cybersecurity market and/or products experience (such as SIEM, FW, EDR, sandboxes, Vulnerability Management, etc.)
● Comfortable working in a gSuite organization
Your Softer Experience
● High energy and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Organized and methodical - we are literally working and tracking ~50 different partners at a time
● Self starter and can work independently - we are a distributed global team so you need to work independently, know when you need help and speak up
● Strong collaboration and communication skills - you will represent Palo Alto Networks with dozens of vendors in the cybersecurity space.
● Great writing skills
● Experience with Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) platforms or concepts
● Incident response and malware analysis experience
● Good understanding of SOC and information security management workflows in enterprise organizations
Requirements – To apply, you must have the authorization to work within the United States.
We are a small global team founded about a year ago out of the necessity to empower our global partners’ desire to leverage our platform. We know if we want to scale up, we need to embrace our partners in cybersecurity. We created new processes, solutions, and have built a successful business inside the Cortex XSOAR product organization. We love what we do and are passionate about building a huge ecosystem with partners who provide our mutual customers added value. We have too many partners than we can handle and need your help. The fun is just getting started.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.