Channel Systems Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Channel Systems Engineer (CSE), you are responsible for presenting the Palo Alto Networks next-generation security platform & technology solutions to our most strategic and impactful channel partners. As a field-based CSE you will be tasked with delivering training, best practices and demonstrations of PANW products in person and remotely. In addition, you are accountable for gathering the partner’s technical requirements for new features and knowledge.
As an extended member of the Sales and Channels team, you will align with the PANW Sales teams and Channel Account Managers in the region to create, update and deliver the partner technical enablement strategy. You will be tracked and used as one key variable in how they get compensated.
- Ability to build relationships with key partner and PANW SE’s within their resident geography and assigned partner base
- Focus on enablement and relationships for a limited number of partners and new recruits
- Management, creation and reporting on technical enablement plan for channel partners
- Guides in-geo SEs and Value Added Distributor how to manage and deliver technical enablement plan for their partner base
- Be a PANW technical expert, know networking, security, competition, and channels business dynamics
- Can walk the talk: lead lab, demo, best practices session, and workshops
- Provide on the job training for partner System Engineers by allowing partner System Engineer’s to shadow presentations and evaluation installations
- Coordinate partner training activities with a wide range of PANW field and corporate resources
- Host CNSE study groups to provide tutoring opportunities for partner SEs
- Provide ad-hoc support for evaluations and post sales issues with partner engineers and quickly transition them to appropriate internal resources
- Present at channel driven marketing activities on an as needed basis
- Assist in the selling effort to partner technical resources during new partner recruitment
- Collaborates with other Channel SEs and in-geo SEs and AMs, trainers
- Highly preferred: Technical Channel SE experience working with assigned partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as a SE or Systems Integrator
- Prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including, but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products
- Strong analytical skills to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills
- Proven experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load-balancing)
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends
- Knowledge of competitor solutions and selling strategies
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing or solving network security products
- Experience with, or knowledge of modern datacenter and public cloud infrastructure and technology, network threats and malware, forensics and incident response, automation, and endpoint security products and tech
- Relevant industry certifications – e.g. SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc.
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to the market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work together with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, encourage, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and mentorship when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.