Intern - Cortex Site Reliability Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to design, develop and deliver next-generation technologies within our Cortex team that bridges cloud-based data processing and security disciplines to solve real-world problems. They build large-scale distributed software systems in Java, Python and other languages using open source technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Redis, Spark, Flink, etc, and other proprietary technologies.
We need passionate engineers who love to code and build great products. Engineers who bring new ideas in all facets of software development. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to solve problems at every level. Collaboration and teamwork are at the heart of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with others towards achieving a common goal.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
● 1:1 mentorship
● Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
● The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
● Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
● You will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross functional teams
● Exposure to learning advanced Kubernetes and Ansible for orchestration and configuration management
● You will learn and use Jenkins, Metrics on Grafana, Elastic search, MongoDB and Redis.
● You will also be exposed to the automation framework, responsible for deploying the platform in the cloud.
● Be a self-starter, able to learn independently and adapt fast.
● Possess very strong Python programming skills
● Have practical experience consuming RESTful web services using JSON.
● Have a good understanding of distributed systems, schedulers, workers and queues.
● Exposure to Public Cloud Platforms - GCP (preferred), AWS
● Have a passion for automating and continuous deployment systems
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.