IT Product Manager (Data Governance)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Unlike IT departments of the past, the Palo Alto Networks IT department is now a full-fledged engineering organization. Equipped with a full team of Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and next-generation Data Visualization technologies. Together we are building the ‘Predictive Enterprise’, an infrastructure that will allow Palo Alto Networks the ability to make the best and fastest business decisions based on all data available. The growth of this team includes the addition of a Sr. Product Manager who will ensure that the data is secured and used in an ethical manner in compliance with all regulatory requirements and help us to establish a certification process for business intelligence applications through to completion.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of AI and Analytics, you will be the link between the Businesses, Legal Compliance, Privacy, Information Security and the Big Data Analytics team. Driving initiatives for Data analytics team and business functions in compliance with the regulatory requirements to the businesses and vice versa. No small feat, your efforts will lead to the creation of groundbreaking applications that will keep Palo Alto Networks at the forefront of protecting our digital way of life.
● Interact with key internal business partners, legal compliance/privacy, information security to understand their analytics needs and build out these capabilities
● Become an expert in Palo Alto Networks business glossary
● Own and write comprehensive business terms/KPI definition
● Vision in mapping business questions to compliance requirements like GDPR and CCPA.
● Actively work with internal development teams to conduct a gap analysis of different solutions (both internal and external) and identify the best path forward
● Defining product roadmaps and delivering customer value iteratively
● Champion and provide oversight for initiatives during the Technical Delivery process
● Lead and conduct project activities based on Agile (Scrum) methodology (or alternate strategies based on the engineering team's methodology)
● Collaborate on all business readiness activities including end-user training, the continuous addition of business definitions, iteration, and support
● Develop a culture of data governance awareness across all teams
● You are the hands-on, Data Governance wizard, capable of managing compliance requirements and implementation, providing data definitions, creating certified datasets and building awareness about using data in a governed manner
● 3-5 years of product management experience in a SaaS software environment (preferably dealing with big-data)
● BA/BS required, MBA or MS in Computer Science or Engineering a plus
Awareness about privacy and compliance requirements implementation like GDPR is a plus
● 1+ year experience with SQL
● Deep expertise in the data governance process (data definition, data security, data management)
● 3+ years’ experience building, delivering and supporting data tools, services, and products
● Technical experience with analytical tools, methodologies, and design
● Experience giving presentations to Sr. Manager levels and above and driving consensus among stakeholders
● Understanding of MVP and a strong belief in lean product development methodologies
● Understanding of technical architecture of complex and highly scalable solutions
● Experience in creating training and educational content for enterprise is a plus
● Personal experience as an entrepreneur a plus
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You’ll join the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and enabling our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re connected by one mission but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team of people who feel excited by the prospect of a challenge and feel a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.