Director, Finance Systems
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced finance professional to join the team as a Director, Finance Systems. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
This role will report to the VP of Corporate Finance and is responsible for providing key topline and profitability insights that will drive executive decision-making at the corporate level and increase forecasting accuracy.
Head of Finance Systems is expected to create Finance Business Intelligence (BI) and Applications roadmap by partnering with cross-functional teams, such as Accounting, Finance, Legal, IT, Products, Sales, Human Resources and Marketing, to help the business scale. Head of Finance Systems will turn ambiguity into clarity in driving project prioritization, process improvements, enabling cross-functional teams to work more efficiently, communicating Finance BI and Analytic vision and strategies, bringing together the right people in the room to enable decision making and driving results with integrity in mind. Integrity is a summation of both accountability and discipline. Head of Finance Systems will be accountable for managing a small Finance BI Transformation team that will oversee project management for finance BI transformation roadmap initiatives, including roadmap design, prioritization, system implementations, process re-engineering, re-defining roles and responsibilities for finance team members and their cross-functional team members. This individual should possess a track record of leading a Finance Systems transformation team to deliver results while dealing with ambiguity and be able to anticipate and manage risk and change in a highly dynamic and public company environment.
- Manage, develop and enhance forecasting ERP (SAP) and all upstream and downstream cross-functional applications
- Develop frameworks and tools for project planning and management
- Continuously evaluate and refine tools and processes to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable
- Provide leadership and guidance regarding FinTech’s vision, strategy, and roadmap, including:
- Define and oversee resource planning & resource management processes
- Provide a regular cadence of management reporting/updates
- Manage FinTech project prioritization processes
- Manage budget and actuals for Finance Systems
- Own the definition, adoption, execution, and ongoing improvement of the following processes:
- Program Management
- SDLC/Agile Methodology, Deliverables and Compliance
- Change Management (e.g. stakeholder assessment, communications, adoption)
- Risk and Issue Management
- Budget, schedule and scope management for programs
- KPI development and tracking
- Status reporting cadence
- Program governance
- Lead and develop Finance BI Systems OrganizationEstablish competencies for Finance BI Systems recruitment and performance management
- Develop effective learning and development for Finance BI Systems Organization
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and business leadership
- Establish strong relationships within Accounting, Finance, IT, Product, Engineering, Sales, Partnership and key business partners
- Acts as a liaison among Accounting, Finance, IT, and other Cross-Functional BI/systems teams ensuring there is alignment and all parties are contributing to leveraging technology to scale the business
- Use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations, drive actions, and measure success
- Challenge the status quo and foster shared understanding, transparency, mastery, autonomy, innovation and continuous learning
- Create a team culture with a focus on continuous improvement, high automation and ease of ability to scale
- MIS of BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, Economics
- 10+ years of FP&A related experience with a record of strong achievement, including 5+ years leading and managing teams
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with CRM, planning, and ERP systems such as Salesforce, SAP, BPC, and Tableau
- Substantial experience with enterprise applications (SAP/BPC, SFDC, Callidus, Tableau, etc), and finance domain knowledge
- Strong technical acumen and a deep understanding of Finance processes and BI/Application design
- Experience with SaaS platforms and third-party system integrations
- 10+ years of progressive management and leadership responsibility, including in-depth experience with program management in Finance or IT Organization
- Expert knowledge of SDLC/Agile processes and project management best practices
- PMP certification a plus
- Strong communication and influencing skills, ability to lead large scale initiatives and projects with executive management
- Ability to meet timelines, prioritize business needs, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player with excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
- Self-motivated, energetic, and positive attitude
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills with all levels of the organization
- Proven track record to successfully manage, grow and evolve the Finance BI/Systems transformation teams
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and deliver projects with agreed schedules and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop, manage, and motivate people
- A proven understanding of project budget and cost tracking, including annual budgets, capital requisition processes, purchasing, invoice processing, and budget reconciliation
- Experience in vendor management, RFP processes, negotiating third party contracts
- Exceptional organization and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Capable and confident in analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make thoughtful, practical decisions
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operations and accounting challenges in the Finance Organization
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business-critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.