Cortex Technical Solutions Architect
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class sales organization focused on the Cortex solution line and continues to look for top-notch technical solutions specialists to expand the Cortex team. As a Cortex Technical Solutions Specialist at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in energizing Sales Teams to conduct exciting demonstrations, align Proof of Concepts for success and create and execute real-world breach scenarios and investigation activities proving Cortex solutions solve the problems facing SOC / Incident Response teams today. You will take your creations and work with Palo Alto Sales, Partners, Prospects and Customers so that they understand the full power and capabilities of the Cortex solution line.
In this role, you will work with cutting edge technology, redefining the future of network security. The individual will help develop and run breach scenarios, manage the virtual image library of attacker, victim and solution components, consult with Product Management, Technical Marketing Engineers, Development / Engineering on complex scenarios, develop and deliver technical training for Systems Engineers, Solution Architects and Account Managers, and document technical concepts to educate our employees and customer base. You will combine your expertise in Security Operations and Incident Response with the scenarios you build and the solutions we bring into a concise, cohesive story that illustrates how Cortex is an evolutionary step towards staying ahead of the adversary.
To thrive in this position, you must be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a teammate, identify sales challenges and address solutions as needed.
- Work with various departments creating complete cradle-to-grave breach scenarios that replicate real-world issues
- Create and document the investigative path using Palo Alto Networks solutions that result in powerful stories used for demonstrations
- Be a domain expert in adversary tactics, attack life-cycle, security operations and incident response workflows and tools used by both sides to complete their missions
- Build out and run lab environments and demo systems to replicate customer environments and real-world situations
- Create combined training content around generated scenarios and conduct training sessions with sales, partner teams, prospects and customers
- Document technical concepts to ensure our products are well understood and utilized to the greatest extent possible
- Work closely with Product Managers and provide product feedback for future development
- Utilize competitive knowledge in demonstration scenarios
- The job requires approximately 50 percent travel
- MS in Cyber Security or other related degree, or equivalent experience required
- Strong understanding and work experience with Security Operations Centers and Incident Response teams
- Ethical Hacking experience or other demonstrated experience executing and analyzing breach scenarios
- Experience with VMWare ESXi and VMWare Management software and associated enterprise management tools
- Experience with creating and configuring instances in Google Cloud Project
- Solid understanding of next-generation firewalls, IDS/ IPS, Endpoint Detection and Response and associated management systems
- Excellent understanding of Windows, Unix-based and MacOS systems particularly as it applies to attack and defense concepts
- Advanced understanding of persistence, evasion, stealth, data exfiltration, obfuscation and other concepts related to adversary TTPs
- Must have knowledge of IP and routing protocols including IPv6, TCP/IP, UDP, OSPF, VLAN, IPSec, NAT
- Excellent verbal and written skills and strict attention to detail
- Excellent cross-organizational collaboration skills