Professional Services Architect
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Professional Services Architect will focus on designing and delivering complete Next-Generation solutions to major customers. As an Architect, you will function as the Palo Alto Networks Products Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will interact directly with the customer's personnel, usually in a leadership role. You will serve as the technical architect in customer environments providing architecture, design, technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that will require thought leadership, novel solutions, and the ability to design and deploy complex projects.
- Ensure the success of the large-scale customer projects relating to their security integrations
- Minimize customer cyberattack surface by applying the Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform to all deployment scenarios
- Work cross-functionally within the client organization to collect information to be used in designing for the future state, taking into consideration Mergers and Acquisitions, divestitures, organization growth, and other business impacting activity
- Create methodologies, templates, and tools for the deployment of Next-Generation technologies
- Involve demonstrating field experience and working with SMEs to develop usable, actionable documents
- Work with the Palo Alto Networks suite of products and how they integrate and communicate
- Research new features and technologies to determine how to maximize value to customers
- Provide knowledge transfer of next-generation technologies to customers, Professional Service Consultants, and Resident Engineers for ongoing, long-term migrations
- Engage internal Palo Alto Networks SME resources to support design and deployment of the Security Operating Platform
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with network/security solutions and technologies
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing security solutions in large environments
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration, and operation of high-end firewall appliances, ideally Palo Alto Networks products
- Extensive knowledge of the cybersecurity landscape and a good understanding of Internet protocols and applications
- Proven capabilities in design and architecture work, and have excellent document creation skills
- Demonstrated project leadership skills and the ability to run design meetings
- Have the latest version of PCNSE
- Have one or more of the following Industry certifications: CNSE, CISSP, CCIE/JNCIE-SEC or equivalents
- Proven demonstration of a variety of tools to complete migrations (scripts, Excel, third-party tools, etc.)
- Personable, enthusiastic, hardworking, and enjoy partnering with customers on a day-to-day basis
- Effectively handle multiple projects and work calmly under pressure
- Excellent writer, with strong verbal communication skills, with demonstrable ability to communicate to senior leaders and technical peers
- Provide after hours and weekend on-call support as needed to support maintenance activities
- Work with customers security and network teams to build confidence across the business units impacted by the change to Palo Alto Networks
- Travel (25-50%) for design meetings and deployments of customer engagements
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our professional services team provides behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and cyberattacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.