Senior Product Manager (Mobile and Converged 5G security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Sr Product Manager, Mobile and Converged 5G security, you will play an instrumental role in building our 5G security platform.
You will be part of the team responsible for innovating and building 5G security. You’ll play a key role in disrupting the security industry and fundamentally changing how the industry consumes security technology, resulting in a more secure digital environment.
In addition to your own creativity, you will rely on interaction with customers and partners to understand the requirements and needs that they face in their environments on a day-to-day basis. You’ll deliver product functionality for service providers that match the level of innovation found throughout our organization. You think about products differently, facing difficult challenges, and innovating solutions never created before. You will be involved with the service provider-focused products throughout all stages of the life cycle: conception, definition, development, release, and post-release activities.
- Identify and prioritize 5G security opportunities using quantitative analysis integrated with customer and market insights
- Balance hypothesis-driven approach with “bottoms-up” analysis to identify and evaluate current and future 5G security opportunities
- Feature prioritization and tradeoff decision making
- Work with standards and industry forum
- Work with development, QA and sales organizations
- Ability to execute on the plan
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or another engineering/technical degree
- Minimum 2-4 years of product management or equivalent
- Demonstrable track record of success in Service Provider Security and Mobility areas
- Prior working experience in Service Provider Product Management
- Prior working experience and in-depth knowledge of security technologies
- Prior working experience and in-depth knowledge of Mobile/3G/4G technologies
- In-depth knowledge of 5G technologies
- Prior working experience with standards and industry forums
- Excellent cross-organizational collaboration skills
- Strong desire to build world-class technology and take ownership of the full product life cycle
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.