Technical Marketing Engineer (Mobile and Converged 5G security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class product management organization and continues to look for top-notch technical marketing engineers to expand the team. As a Technical Marketing Engineer at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our partners, customers, and our employees.
In this role, you will work with cutting edge technology, redefining the future of network security. The individual will help develop and run performance tests, manage betas for new products, consult with customers on complex deployments, develop and deliver technical training for Systems Engineers and document technical concepts to educate our employees and customer base.
Be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a teammate, identify sales challenges and address solutions as needed.
- Work with Systems Engineers and customers on complex deployments to help ensure successful product deployment
- Be the domain expert on the Mobile Service Provider Infrastructure and service provider virtualization technologies and concepts to help system engineers with product related questions
- Utilize performance test equipment to validate device performance
- Build out and run lab environments and demo systems to replicate customer environments and real-world simulations
- Participate in product beta programs and work with customers, product managers, and engineers to complete testing gather detailed feedback, and replicate issues
- Document technical concepts to ensure our products are well understood and utilized to the greatest extent possible
- Work closely with Product Managers and provide product feedback for future development
- Develop and deliver competitive positioning
- The job requires approximately 10 percent travel
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Strong understanding and work experience with Mobile IP Core infrastructure
- Experience with LTE, GPRS, UMTS, IMS technologies
- Must have production experience and in-depth working knowledge of wireless protocols including GTPv2-C. GTPv1-C, GTP-U, SCTP, S1AP, Diameter, Radius
- Must have knowledge of IP and routing protocols including IPv6, TCP/IP, UDP, OSPF, VLAN, IPSec, NAT
- Knowledge of OpenStack, DevOps, NFV, MANO technology
- Experience in OpenStack deployment, VM environment, and troubleshooting
- Good understanding of next-generation firewalls, IDS/ IPS and associated management systems
- Good understanding of high availability topologies and technologies such as Active/Passive, Active/Active, VRRP, HSRP
- Experience with traffic generators such as Spirent, IXIA
- Excellent cross-organizational collaboration skills