Director, VM-Series Sales EMEA
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyber threat.
The Palo Alto Networks EMEA Theatre Sales Director for VM NGFW (virtual firewall) acts as the strategic leader for sales and GTM activities in EMEA. This position is responsible for providing leadership, management and strategy for the sell with/go-to-market Sales and all joint activities with the assigned private and public cloud provider/s and owns all routes to markets. The Sales Director will have a myriad of different responsibilities to ensure leverage and consistent Sales with the selected providers to drive customer Sales, qualified pipeline and cloud bookings that meet and exceed quota and expectations. The Sales Director will be the key contact and coordinator for Palo Alto Networks sales activities and will be a central conduit for Sales management between the Palo Alto Networks sales organization and the assigned cloud provider. The Sales Director will report to the VP of GTM for Virtual Firewall business but will have several dotted line coordination requirements for consistent communication and Sales with Business Development, Marketing, Channels, Inside Sales and Product Marketing/Development. This position begins as an individual contributor but may also have a team of direct reports to lead and manage in the future.
The Sales Director is regarded as being highly strategic to the company and the initiative in regards to strategy, influence, and execution. It is expected that the Theatre Sales Director has consistent interaction and Sales with customers, strategic vendors, channel partners and other third parties in support of the “sell with/to” activities with the selected public/Private cloud provider and also create new routes to market. The Sales Director will demonstrate a deep understanding of various go-to-market strategies including but not limited to co-selling, strategic planning and goal setting, channel programs, marketing campaigns, strategic events and funnel management. Since this is a theatre-based role, the Sales Director must be able to manage activities predominantly in their theaters with close coordination with the regional sales leadership and sales teams.
- Lead and manage all joint "sell with", “sell to” and go-to-market activities with selected vendors and customers
- Own and drive all the sales plays for the VM NGFW in the region
- Track all opportunities, pipeline, and bookings, and provide forecasts and funnel management reports
- Facilitate co-selling opportunities, account mapping and other sales Sales between Palo Alto Network’s field sales and the cloud provider’s sales teams
- Support Palo Alto Networks field sales organization on Sales management with public and Private cloud provider
- Assist with providing content for training curriculum and sales enablement
- Coordinate activities and have involvement with the virtual team of Business Development, Marketing, Product Management, Channels, and Sales as part of cloud strategy
- Develop annual strategic plan and performance goals for assigned Private and public cloud provider
- Provide support and coordination for channel activity with assigned vendors
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales issues for any activity with the various route to market vendors
- Build and maintain relationships with key personnel in the private and public cloud provider to solidify Palo Alto Networks standing and awareness within the private and public cloud provider and to assist in the development of key relationships with the extended Palo Alto Networks cloud team and executives
- Direct Sales and partner relationships are a critical part of this role
- Help provide insight into the support of events and attend/participate in the events
- Provide support in the form of expertise and training for Palo Alto Networks field sales enablement
- BA, BS (or equivalent work experience)
- 10+ Years’ experience in Sales Leadership – Account or Channel Management
- Proven experience in the management of large global accounts
- 3+ years of proven worldwide experience is preferred
- experience preferred
- Channel experience including selling with or managing channel partners is preferred
- Channel Program experience is a must
- Demonstrated history of managing quota bearing sales or channel teams
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Networks roadmap and technology development efforts
- The role calls for knowledge of competitive security products
- Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive security solutions to Palo Alto Networks customer base, and maintains a general understanding of competitive selling strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work in a virtual and matrix environment
- Proven ability to manage a myriad of different disciplines and tasks in a high pressure, time-sensitive environment
- 40%-50% Travel with the ability to travel internationally
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in winning business
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.