SQA Engineer (Automation - VPN Client)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a Senior SQA Engineer for feature testing, you will be responsible for testing the upcoming new products or features on Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation firewall. You will participate in the requirements and design discussions and make a difference in shaping the future direction. The work will involve close interaction with development and product management teams. You will write, execute and automate test plans based on requirements and design specs. You will be responsible for qualifying Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall and Global Protect VPN application in a cloud environment.
- Develop, execute and automate test plans and test cases
- Develop tools and infrastructure to improve quality and efficiency of testing
- Work closely with the Software Engineering, Product Management teams during product development from design to release
- Reproduce and debug issues found during and after software release
- Develop and maintain complex test bed environment
- Extensive Test automation and scripting skills (preferably python, Rest APIs)
- Good knowledge of networking and ability to work with open source traffic generators and tools
- Experience with virtualization environments
- Firsthand experience with AWS Compute and Networking services
- Detailed understanding HTTP, DNS, IPSec, SSL, Active Directory, SAML
- Proven understanding of layer 3 networking protocols (e.g., BGP, OSPF)
- Detailed understanding of modern public and private cloud networks design, network security and implementation and troubleshooting
- Hands on experience building and administrating Linux servers
- Proven experience testing network security products, preferably with firewalls and VPN clients on different OS (e.g., Windows, MAC, iOS, Android and Chrome)
- BS/CS career-level of experience in the Networking Security industry, or equivalent experience
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.