Senior Manager, Risk & Crisis Management
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The senior manager is responsible for the management and support of crises and critical incidents that may impact Palo Alto Networks employees, offices, brand/reputation, operations, products & services, and customer support. During crisis events, the senior manager may be required to respond after normal business hours (weekends/evenings). You will be responsible to facilitate crisis management activations in EMEA and support other regions as needed. Additionally, you will support emergency management and business continuity activities in our key EMEA locations. In this role, you will collaborate with functional leaders and critical incident response leads.
- Support Global Crisis Preparedness and Management
- Take lead of and be the primary point of contact for crisis triage assessment and management during EMEA events or incidents materializing during EMEA working hours
- Schedule and facilitate the post-event debrief meetings to identify lessons learned and opportunities for improvement
- Develop and maintain crisis management playbooks
- Maintain crisis team memberships in communication tools
- Utilize our internal tools to track, analyze and report on incident data
- Assist in the development and execution of crisis management exercises
- Support Global Business Continuity and Emergency Management programs
- Work with key partners and functional leads to act as the primary local contact for emergency management and business continuity teams
- Assist in the triage of incidents to emergency management and/or business continuity team as appropriate
- Assist with development, facilitation, and logistics of training and exercises in key EMEA locations
- Support other objectives as needed
- Support the Global Risk Management Organization
- Assist in developing and maintaining the risk management internal website
- Tackle special risk management projects as required
- Assess emerging risks and/or reported internal concerns for mitigation considerations and crisis preparedness
- Prepare quarterly reports and/or presentations for management review
- Experience in the areas of crisis management, crisis communications, incident response, emergency management, and business continuity preferably in the technology sector including SaaS services
- Excellent computer and technical skills
- Google suite and website experience preferred
- Experience with Fusion Risk Management/Salesforce is preferred
- Experience with mass notification/communication tools is preferred
- Significant experience with crisis/incident management
- Ability to manage high-stress incidents including critical incidents involving operations, brand/reputation, and employee
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent business discernment, communication, and social skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills; highly effective in setting priorities
- Individual initiative, self-direction and a record of accomplishment
- Excellent English speaker, multi-lingual is a plus
- Willing to travel approximately 10 to 20%
Our global corporate communications team’s objective is to increase thought leadership and positive notoriety for Palo Alto Networks. We do things differently here, and our mission is to strategically engage and educate audiences with information that will lead to a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.