Desktop Support Specialist
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age. It’s inspired by our vision: a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t simple statements. They won’t be easy either – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the nature of cybersecurity as we are.
The IT Desktop Support team assists co-workers, both local and remote, providing technical troubleshooting and resolution to all computer issues, software or hardware. As a member of the team, you’ll handle issues when employees are in high pressure scenarios and time is critical. It is important you’re able to keep composure during these times, resolving technical concerns for your colleagues.
At the same time, you’ll also be collecting information from our users to improve our processes – no system is perfect, and we seek individuals driven with a passion for improvement projects to create a better environment. You will meet to discuss needs for network changes and the feasibility of enhancements recommended by end users. Your voice and feedback are important, you’ll monitor technology trends and share your own recommendations for new tools or improvements into the company's existing platforms to support our entire workforce in productivity.
- Provide technical support services for all aspects of user account setup and maintenance, system patching, antivirus, system imaging, break / fix on PC and Mac devices, video conference equipment, printers / copiers, phone systems, and general IT hardware and software
- Follow SOP documentation and raise issues appropriately to higher level of staff
- Handle individual workflow and maintain current ticket queue via IT ticketing system
- Provide Mobile support for iOS and Android devices
- Provide after hours and weekend on-call support as needed
- Develop and maintain productive and professional relationship with user base working with every level of the organization
- Strong service-oriented mentality required
- Ability to quickly learn and cross train other IT team members
- Recent hands-on technical experience with Windows 10, Windows 7, Google Cloud Products (Drive, Gmail), MacOS Mojave and High Sierra, Microsoft Active Directory, system imaging, VPN, basic network connectivity including 802.11x, PC and Apple hardware, and mobile devices
- Recent experience with remote access and remote-control tools to support remote employees (preferably MS Remote desktop, Zoom ServiceNow, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, JAMF, and AirWatch)
The Employee Success Team builds and supports technology to create delightful experiences for our employees. It’s crucial that everything we offer and create are easy for people to use and understand. We have a high-performance culture filled with people that refuse to take no for an answer. Our team takes pride in taking technical excellence to a whole new level and are intrinsically motivated to do some of our best work yet.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.