Lead, Go-to-Market Strategy, Transformation & Special Projects
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Business organization, led by our President, is the heart and soul of Palo Alto Networks with 3K+ employees spread across Sales, Support, and Services. The Business organization not only covers all GTM activities but also leads cross-functional projects across Product, Marketing, Finance, and People teams. We are building a new “Special Forces” Strategy team that will tackle the most mission-critical and challenging initiatives in the Business organization to drive and support our industry-leading growth. This team will roll up directly to our President and will have unprecedented access to the CEO and Executives. We work on projects that move the needle, have major C-level “pull” and impact the company’s overall trajectory. We operate in an “unpolitical” and the meritocratic environment as a tight-knit unit with a supportive, learning-oriented and fun culture that enables our team members to thrive. Over time, we expect “graduates” from our Strategy team to take on high-profile leadership roles across the Business and the company and commit to coaching and supporting you on your journey!
Your work as a Strategy Lead will directly and visibly contribute to our overall strategy and success. You will be tasked with developing solutions for complex business problems that are top-of-mind for our executives. We expect you to work collaboratively to gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses, independently lead problem-solving, develop and package recommendations for presentation to management, support execution and manage a broad set of x-functional stakeholders. At every turn, our team will strive to uncover value and opportunities for the Business.
- Independently drive workstreams including structuring and breaking down complex problems, developing hypotheses, creating workplans, driving x-functional alignment and ultimately delivering tailor-made recommendations and solutions that drive meaningful positive outcomes for the Business
- Lead thoughtful, creative and rigorous analysis, synthesize insights and maintain a “nose for value” by identifying opportunities for radical and continuous improvement within the Business
- Develop and present high-quality recommendation and deliverables for executive level consumption and actively contribute to associated strategy and execution discussions
- Work collaboratively across a cross-functional set of stakeholders to gather the right information, pressure test your hypothesis, co-create deliverables, accelerate execution and ultimately unlock value
- Be a Player-Coach that raises everyone’s capabilities around you
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with at least 2 years in management consulting (McKinsey, Bain, BCG), private equity or top-tier tech strategy or “bizops” functions (Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc.)
- MBA graduate from a top-tier B- school or similar academic credentials or “direct promote” in Consulting
- Robust analytical skillset mixed with endless curiosity and open-mindedness
- Effective verbal & written presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to Executive-level audiences
- Collaborative team player willing to go beyond strategy in order to support execution and realization
- Independent thinker and Self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, high-growth environments with minimal supervision; a proven record of leadership in a work setting
- GTM strategy experience looking at Field and Inside Sales effectiveness, productivity improvement, channel strategy, support optimization, GTM structure design, revenue acceleration, etc.
- Expertise in the cybersecurity industry and knowledge of the market is a plus but not required
- Additional relevant experience with large transformations is a plus
Our Strategy and Business Operations is a focused team that works on our most critical business challenges to drive and support our industry-leading growth. Your efforts will directly impact the overall strategy and success of a world-leading cybersecurity business. You will collaborate on complex business and technology problems that are top-of-mind for our executives. You possess a unique blend of business insight, business strategy experience, big-picture thinking, influencing skills and ability to collaborate with a large number of constituents within Palo Alto Networks.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.