Senior Director, Channel Marketing, Americas
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is on a crusade to make breach prevention a reality and protect our digital way of life. On this journey, we are recruiting an Americas Channel Marketing leader to help our partners fight the good fight and defeat the bad guys. This is a great opportunity to help further develop the company’s go-to-market strategy (from a partner perspective) and is a very hands-on, multi-faceted, high profile position.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving the overall Americas partner marketing strategy while managing a team of specialized channel marketing managers. You have the ability to operate both strategically and tactically to develop and execute programs that are compelling to the partner ecosystem to support the overall business goals and sales/marketing objectives – increasing awareness, accelerating adoption of partner programs and ultimately contributing to incremental pipeline and bookings.
• Create and execute a channel marketing plan to support the sales goals of the Americas theater
• Directly manage a team of channel marketing specialists; guiding them to be the best they can be while breaking away from the conventional misnomers that golf and giveaways equate to a marketing plan
• Be an advisor and partner to our regional Field Marketing Leaders; providing direction, strategy, and counsel on our regional field/channel marketing strategy
• Prevent random acts of marketing by guiding the team’s creation of annual and quarterly partner marketing plans focused on actionable and measurable initiatives aligned to pipeline and bookings targets, quarterly budgets and overall business goals
• Ensure that our partners have a seat on the rocket ship by working cross-functionally to conceptualize and execute channel contribution, leverage, and growth
• Be our ambassador: driving partner awareness, enablement, and vendor preference while acting as the company’s internal channel marketing expert, champion and Americas Channel communications lead
• Be an advisor: guiding the team and our Channel Business Managers on “what good looks like” as we help our partners grow their Palo Alto Networks business by leveraging our marketing campaigns and programs, initiatives and advanced marketing capabilities, ensuring all activities are measured and tracked
• Be a mover & shaker: understanding the difference between activity v. action; charged with focusing the team on the actions that will move the needle
• Ability to provide consultative input to senior sales leaders & partner executives, acting as a partner/strategic advisor around all aspects of marketing
• Solid understanding of the SaaS space and business models for multiple types of partner programs, including GSI, GSP, VAR, ISV, CSP and MSP programs
• Experience building and managing a team of marketing managers
• Proven track record of planning & executing partner enablement, demand generation, and conversion programs
• Ability to fully understand and market the value of the Palo Alto Networks next-generation security platform with energy, enthusiasm, and passion
• Solid understanding of business management and operations, including finance/revenue/pipeline principles
• Passion for operational excellence. Team player. Strong Drive. Self-starter.
• Attention to detail and discipline to follow established policies and processes
• Best in class marketing, demand generation and channel experience with a B2B hi-tech company for 12+ years. Security experience preferable but not essential
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Our Marketing team has an opportunity like no other in any industry: high-impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security, globally. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes affecting our industry and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.