Finance Manager, Strategic Finance
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced finance professional to join the team as Finance Manager, Strategic Finance, focused on pipeline and bookings growth. You will be a key partner to our Bookings and Revenue forecasting teams at Palo Alto Networks. We’re looking for a self-starter with strong analytical skills, an effective communicator, and a leader that is passionate about driving change in a dynamic fast-paced environment – all-in-one.
The ideal candidate will be a problem-solver and advisor at heart. We are looking for someone with solid business judgement and experience tackling complex business issues. Identifying a comprehensive framework, gathering evidence and building a lucid narrative are skills critical to success in this role. Flexibility and quick thinking are essential, as you would be expected to build analyses and marshal resources in a dynamic environment to address novel business questions.
This is a solid foundation for finance leaders with opportunities for career growth and personal development. If you want to be part of a team of trustworthy advisors that is looked upon to make informed and persuasive recommendations to the C-level suite, apply today.
● Play a crucial role in areas such as pipeline and bookings insight to drive revenue forecasting accuracy
● Conduct advanced pipeline and bookings analytics, delivering impactful and actionable insights that drive decision making
● Substantial senior leadership exposure, focusing real-time on the highest pipeline and bookings priority business issues, and being plugged into every facet of our topline business
● Heavy partnership with our sales ops teams and our revenue forecasting teams
● Develop new processes and tools to drive scalable pipeline and bookings analysis and insights
● Bachelor degree in Economics/Finance, MBA or equivalent-experience preferred
● 8-10 years related experience showing strong career progression
● Management consulting/investment banking/private equity experience strongly preferred
● Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills, with understanding of software, appliances and/or internet industry business models
● Capable of seamlessly moving from the big picture to the details and back
● Strong team player with effective communication skills and high EQ
● Comfortable working with high level guidance and independently building working action plan
● Experience with and/or a willingness to master various financial systems, including SFDC, SAP, BPC, Tableau, and other BI tools
● Ability to work with large datasets, gain insights and analytics
● Possess intellectual curiosity and willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational demands that result from a high-growth environment
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with number daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and provide equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.