Chief of Staff (Product Org)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Chief of Staff, you will act as a senior-level partner to the Chief Product Officer to help drive activities across product teams and cross-functionally within the company. You will create, develop and execute strategic, cross-functional projects, represent the Chief Product Officer in many situations, as well as communicate the product strategy and decisions to key stakeholders. Drive cross-product activities that span multiple product teams. Coordinate decisions and communicate as needed to appropriate constituents.
- Represent the product team in situations where a single representative is needed, make decisions on behalf of the team, and communicate decisions back to the product leaders
- Partner closely with other functions relevant to the team, including Communications, PR, Sales, Marketing, Finance, People, Legal and Operations
- Use cross-functional knowledge and seek to understand issues, trends and perspectives that may influence the business
- Orchestrate and manage an effective rhythm of the product organization and optimize continuously in pursuit of leanness, agility and impact
- Develop and operate a method for tracking all product development projects that have impact on other organizations and our customers, jointly with the product area leaders
- Provide insightful data-driven strategic recommendations to leadership
- Communicate findings from initiatives to management and the broader organization
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience, MS degree or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in product management and/or engineering roles
- Experience partnering effectively with cross-functional teams and leaders up to the C-level
- Ability to work across multiple functions - including Communications, PR, Sales, Marketing, Finance, People, Legal and Operations
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Effective Program Management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead complex strategic and operational initiatives
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills, and drive for results
- Knowledge and familiarity with technology in the cyber security space
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.