Supplier Quality Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is seeking experienced and highly motivated Sr Supplier Quality Engineers to join our exciting, fast growing company. You are self-motivated and thrive in an environment valuing teamwork, results, and creativity. You will take ownership and drive the company’s quality system, lead supplier and product qualification, drive suppliers’ quality improvement, and support customer quality engineering on supplier quality related issues.
This position reports to the Director of HW Quality Engineering and works closely with Hardware Engineering, Product Management, Technical Support Engineering, Technical Operations and Supply Chain Management on all products from inception to end of service.
- Establish and maintain controls and document procedures related to supplier quality and reliability
- Aid Production and Development teams in maintaining product quality.
- Define and execute initiatives to permanently eliminate quality and reliability issues with products and suppliers
- Manage the corrective and preventative action process
- Program Manage the QAlert process cross functionally
- Qualify, bring up and monitor Suppliers and ODM / EMS Partners
- Develop objective manufacturing process quality standards
- Manage manufacturing process and quality issues
- Drive continuous quality improvement initiatives including internal and external quality audits
- Define and manage supplier manufacturing initiatives including internal and external quality audits
- Review and approve process changes
- Qualify new supplier processes and facilities
- Perform PFMEA on manufacturing lines and work suppliers to establish effective Standard Operating Procedures
- Drive root cause and failure analysis, down to component levels
- Manage supplier failure analysis process, provide failure analysis reports and provide data management for the failure analysis database
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applied science or engineering field and 10+ years prior experience in Supplier Quality Engineering for networking product manufacturer
- Company-wide business processes development including but not limited to NPI, DVT, DFM, DFA, Reliability and Risk Assessment, RMA Repair, Failure Analysis, Root Cause, Corrective Action, etc.
- PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) tools (Arena Solutions, Agile or similar, SAP and Salesforce)
- Defect reduction team leader
- Supplier Quality Engineering
- Experience in an electronic manufacturing environment including assembly and test processes
- Strong data analysis, investigative and problem-solving skills
- Manufacturing processes, quality improvement methodologies, partnering with suppliers
- Experience with Quality Management Systems; Quality Management System auditing experience is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Owns decisions and takes responsibility for outcomes
- Willingness to travel when required
Our Manufacturing team is a team of specialists with extensive business and project management experience in the contract manufacturing industry. This team has a dedication to success and a consistent track record of success in all aspects of supply chain and project management. We’re dedicated to growing production, reducing operating costs, and improving product quality by utilizing extraordinary Manufacturing concepts to optimize supply chain processes and strategies.
Our manufacturing team leadership establishes clear objectives, defining and implementing profit improvement and profiling inventory management, valuation and lead-time improvement programs. If you have a passion for extensive end-to-end manufacturing and supply chain with the knowledge and experience, we want you!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.