VP, Strategy (Product)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The VP Product Strategy role is critical to accomplishing our mission, working with product area leaders to develop and drive product strategy. The successful candidate will be very clear-minded, inventive, collaborative, and able to see trends before they happen. You’ll help develop our forward-looking product strategies with the product leaders, providing enough tension on the process to ensure a great outcome, yet collaboratively to arrive at unified proposals.
- Develop a strong technical foundation in the products and services we currently have as the basis for defining our future direction
- Work closely with the product area leaders on specific product strategy initiatives to define where we want to go and how we get there
- Understand customer challenges and problems that need to be solved, and how our approach will uniquely or best solve those problems
- Support and help drive business analysis on existing products to identify strengths and opportunities
- Leverage clarity in thought to effectively structure and communicate our strategies and plans to get approval from exec-staff on a path forward
- Serve as a close advisor to the Chief Product Officer to ensure progress in critical areas
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience, MS degree or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in management consulting and product management roles
- Experience partnering effectively with cross-functional teams and leaders up to the C-level
- Ability to work across multiple functions - including Communications, PR, Sales, Marketing, Finance, People, Legal and Operations
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Effective Program Management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead complex strategic initiatives
- Excellent clarity and critical thinking skills, and drive for results.
- Knowledge and familiarity with technology in the cybersecurity space
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.