At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As an API writer at Palo Alto Networks, you’ll play a key role in documenting how customers can use our API-based technology to enforce their network security. We are looking for a writer who is passionate about how our users experience documentation, curious about how the product works, and committed to accurate documentation to enable our users to successfully use our software. This effort directly contributes to helping our users fully utilize the platform to protect their network and reduce calls to our support organization.
● Work with product and development teams to produce customer-facing API documentation and provide feedback on the user experience
● Perform hands-on product testing
● Know the craft—You like writing and you have an innate ability to think like and write for our API users. You see every feature and task as part of a broad scenario, and are interested in not only how something works, but also when and why to use a particular configuration or setting
● Innovation—You are creative, and love to experiment with new ways to present information in a way that enables a positive user experience with our products
● Organization—You can take large amounts of technical details and organize them into topics that users can easily find and use to solve their network security problems
● Initiative—You’re not afraid to propose changes to improve process and quality to enable a better customer experience and you are relentless in hunting down the information you need
● Interpersonal skills—You are able to work with developers, QA, PMs, customers, SEs, and support to successfully gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them
● Problem solving skills—You have strong critical-thinking skills and use them to ensure that you are providing just the information our users need to complete the task at hand
● Strategic thinker—You’re always looking ahead. You’re able to anticipate what’s next and are thinking about how we can meet our users’ needs not only today, but tomorrow as well
● BA/BS or equivalent experience required
● Experience with security technologies is a huge bonus
● Proven experience with API documentation
● Ability to see the big picture and proven track record of writing from scratch
● Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction
● Experience with the tools that we use to get our work done, including: Source control tools (Perforce), Topic-based authoring tools (DITA or XML authoring), Video tutorial creation tools (Camtasia), Illustrators (Adobe Illustrator), API tools (OpenAPI, redoc, npm, Postman, or cUrl), Editors (Visual Studio Code), Team collaboration and release tracking tools (Confluence and Jira)
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest-growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management team helps us do just that.
This team provides the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information for our Systems Engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in and helping to implement technical solutions based on our clients' feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.