Senior Director, People Business Partner
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Firewall as a Platform product team makes up the largest part of our global product/engineering organization, responsible for our core Firewall products as well as several high growth businesses leading the transformation for organizations moving to the cloud and securing their employees from remote locations. It’s our largest business overall and contains some of our fastest growing businesses as well. It’s built the foundation of success that’s behind the company’s product leadership and continues to drive thought leadership, product innovation, and market disruption as we move into the future.
In this role, you will lead the Firewall as a Platform product people function and operate as an integral part of the leadership team, providing expertise in people and organizations to identify and drive people strategies that accelerate the success of this business. You should be skilled to anticipate challenges, diagnose problems, prescribe actions and lead programs that have a direct impact to the people and teams you support. You should be an innovative HR professional who is energized by coaching leaders and creating teams that work together and win together. You should have a knack for reading a situation, navigating sensitivities and finding creative solutions to people issues and organizational challenges.
We are looking for a highly organized, self starter that can navigate in a highly matrixed environment. Someone who can execute with speed, manage through change and rapid growth.
- Build and lead a team to partner with Engineering/ Product Management to build programs that scale the organization, create high performing teams, and develop best in class leaders
- Drive the growth of the organization and integration of talent and teams through organic hiring and strategic acquisitions of technology and talent
- Leverage people analytics and trained instincts to anticipate issues or opportunities and bring data-driven solutions that move the needle
- Protect our unique culture and ensure Palo Alto Networks continues to be one of the best places to work
- Team up with some of the valley’s best functional HR leaders to design and deliver market competitive comp and benefits practices, leading-edge leadership programs, and modern workforce technology systems
- Lead people practices that foster innovation and collaboration within one of the world’s most advanced technology organizations working together to fight cyberattacks threatening our way to live in the digital age
- BA/BS degree or equivalent and 10+ years of progressive experience in a technology organization.
- Experience analyzing organizational needs and setting strategies and goals to make a positive impact; ability to set priorities, stay focused, and manage time in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to establish strong relationships at all levels and across functions within the organization
- Track record of coaching and developing leaders and advising action in sensitive or ambiguous situations, including employee relations, performance management, or organizational diagnostics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to organize and analyze data and recommend data-driven solutions
- Strong Program Management skills to design and deliver people initiatives with flawless execution
- Effective listener and persuasive communicator able to influence actions and outcomes
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. Every team within the organization has a huge impact on our mission statement. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most aggressive cybersecurity risks. Our People team is centered on building, attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most passionate and committed talent to our organization, fulfilling that mission. We focus on building strong teams, centered on respect and enablement, empowering our employees to seek their career goals. You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.