Director, People Business Partner
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
In this role you will be an integral part of the Next Gen Firewall and Cloud Delivered Security Services Leadership team providing expertise in people and organizations to anticipate challenges, diagnose problems, prescribe actions and lead programs that have a direct impact to the success of the organization. In this unique role, you will operate as a head of People servicing this product area, working to ensure effective people strategies and plans across both product and go to market organizations.
We are seeking an individual that is passionate about enabling organizations to more effectively achieve their business objectives and creating a workplace environment that’s a magnet for the industry’s best and brightest. You should be an innovative People professional who is energized by coaching employees and leaders, and creating teams that work together and win together. You should be comfortable working with any level of employee or manager, have a knack at reading a situation, navigating sensitivities and finding creative solutions to people issues.
• Partner with our SVP’s in this product area to bring together and influence a single leadership team to design people strategies and build programs that scale the organization, build high performing teams, and develop best in class leaders
• Hire and lead a team of People Business Partners who partner with leaders to execute on the people strategies and initiatives of the product area.
• Leverage people analytics and trained instincts to anticipate issues or opportunities and bring data driven solutions that move the needle.
• Protect our unique culture and ensure Palo Alto Networks continues to be one of the best places to work.
• Team up with some of the valley’s best functional HR leaders to design and deliver market competitive comp and benefits practices, leading- edge leadership programs, and modern workforce technology systems.
• Lead people practices that foster innovation and collaboration within one of the world’s most advanced technology organizations working together to fight cyber attacks threatening our way to life in the digital age.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent and 10+ years of progressive HR/People experience in a technology organization technology related businesses, preferably with multinational company.
• Experience building and leading a high performing People team that delivers excellence to the business.
Experience analyzing organizational needs and setting strategies and goals to make a positive impact; ability to set priorities, stay focused, and manage time in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to establish strong relationships at all levels and across functions within the organization.
• Track record coaching leaders and advising action in sensitive or ambiguous situations, including employee relations, performance management, or organizational diagnostics.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to organize and analyze data and recommend data-driven solutions.
• Effective listener and persuasive communicator able to influence actions and outcomes.
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most challenging cybersecurity threats.
You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.