Senior Occupancy Space Planner
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
- Gather programming information related to space requirements, adjacencies, and move requirements. Collaborate with business units and other team members to gain business intelligence, and create long-term and tactical plans for their growth, consolidation, and other space requirements
- Interface with facilities planning and design staff in the coordination of various facilities projects. Includes synchronizing the timing of office modifications, the distribution, and installation of furniture, and the relocation of personnel to different locations
- Develop and coordinate move plans around space assignments, occupancy plans, cabling requirements, IT requirements and construction requirements, cost estimates and timelines for all assigned projects
- Develop migration plans and space strategies utilizing blocking and stacking diagrams. Create and maintain floor plans used for site strategic planning as well as assigning individual cubicles or work areas to business units
- Plan and coordinate complex and detailed design layouts of new and existing office space and furniture in relation to the move plan
- Attends client meetings; drafts meeting minutes and obtains approvals to proceed when required. Conducts interviews and discussions with client(s) to gather, coordinate and synthesize project requirements, functional, operational and cultural issues
- Coordinate with Work Place Resources, requesting organizations, and local furniture vendors to determine furniture requirements, bill of materials and furniture product availability
- Conduct building audits to verify that employee locations, furniture layout, and room configurations are correctly noted on floor plans, verify all site as-built drawings are up to date, including architectural, furniture, p-lines, and occupancy data. Input and maintenance of facilities plans utilizing Office Space, AutoCAD or other space management tools
- Knowledge of minor tenant improvement construction processes plans and related application to include documentation for compliance
- Knowledge of government and site-building codes and regulations
- Ability to learn and apply new methods of space design for specific customer needs.
- Produces drawings and presentations for internal stakeholder(s) and steering committee meetings
- Create site space utilization reports weekly, monthly and quarterly as directed
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers
- Ability to effectively conduct executive-level meetings and present information
- Ability to solve problems involving varied options and situations and apply change management skills as needed
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues. Ability to collaborate, problem-solve and multi-task. Ability to adapt to change when necessary
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience directly related to the delivery of strategic planning services; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Project and vendor management experience required
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, and various CAFM/IWMS systems
- Certification in Corporate Real Estate or Facilities Management preferred
- Proficient with G Suite word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, and CAD/CAFM software
- Advanced understanding of move requirements, reconfiguration processes, and furniture inventory management
- Solid customer service acumen and interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, including advanced negotiation skills
- Demonstrated team and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of requests; prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and quality
The Workplace Resource team constantly strives to make our work environment comfortable, effective, productive and appealing. The workplace has a direct impact on your happiness, productivity, and how we accomplish our mission. As a team, we take care of the day to day facilities services throughout our organization. We own the build-out projects while maintaining a productive, innovative environment for the business to work in.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.