Senior Instructional Designer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Digital Learning team is looking for an instructional designer. In this role, you should have advanced knowledge of instructional design, digital learning tools, and processes along with great follow-through and attention to detail. You should love working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of instructional methodologies, and industry design standards to design and develop interactive learning for a variety of delivery methods
- Develop templates and help maintain the team style guide ensuring consistency in processes and style within the team
- Develop training content in a fast-paced environment using Articulate, iSpring, Captivate, PowerPoint, Adobe CS, and Camtasia
- Ability to create concise microlearning, reinforcements and end-to-end product training, geared to engaging a learner and breaking down concepts to simple learning blocks
- Develop reinforcing learning concepts through audio, video, role-plays, games, etc.
- Develop interactions, and advanced simulations besides helping set up labs for online learning
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts to develop knowledge and skill assessments
- Coordinate Quality Assurance (QA) reviews of all new and revised curriculum offerings from other team members, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement; contribute to new curriculum or program ideas
- Build course content that engages the audience, increases retention, transfers skills/knowledge, and drives sustained behavior change
- Build project plans and provide accurate risk assessments for all projects; meet deadlines and reprioritize as needed to complete timely delivery of instructional design project
- Project manage the learning life cycle working cross-functionally with different product groups, SMEs, courseware developers, and program managers
- Instructional design experience and excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Ability to demonstrate advanced lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Demonstrate a combination of very strong expertise in Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia, Adobe CS, iSpring and PowerPoint skills, with demonstrated work samples showing complex interactions and animations is required
- Experience building and managing the production workflow of interactive eLearning and video modules with at least one Learning Management System
- Knowledge of learning principles, format options, and trade-offs
- Strong organization skills, work ethic, and standout colleague
- Network security project background a big plus
- Ability to work/travel onsite in Santa Clara, interacting with SMEs, Content Developers, Instructors, and Instructional Designers
The education team inspires cybersecurity professionals around the world. They drive awareness, in-depth understanding, and adoption through our customers. You motivate audiences around the world by training our suite of products to promote full adoption of our services to protect digital environments. It's a meaningful career path, one that requires constant learning and evolution.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.