Full Stack React Node.js Software Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a Full Stack React Node.js Software Engineer to scale up and develop for part of our cloud platform which utilizes big data processing, data science, and virtualization to detect and prevent unknown attacks and provide threat intelligence to our customers. As a Full Stack Node.js Engineer, you will be an integral member of our threat intelligence service team responsible for software architecture, design, and development. Ability to communicate with research teams and data scientists, finding bottlenecks and resolving them.
We are ushering in the future of security innovation and reinventing how customers rapidly access, evaluate and embrace the most compelling new security technologies as an extension of the Next-Generation Security Platform. With Cortex, the industry's only open and integrated, AI-based continuous security platform. Cortex is a significant evolution of the Application Framework designed to simplify security operations and considerably improve outcomes.
- Deploy on a global, scalable public cloud platform, Cortex which allows security operations teams to speed the analysis of massive data sets
- Enabled by the Cortex Data Lake, where customers can securely and privately store and analyze large amounts of data that is normalized
- Learn to find threats by using advanced AI and machine and orchestrate responses quickly
- Build the foundations of the next inflection point in the security industry by combining Palo Alto Networks deep expertise in security with the state of the art in large-scale infrastructure for data processing and machine learning (Think exabytes of data)
- Detect, prevent unknown attacks, and provide threat intelligence to our customers by scaling up and developing for part of our cloud platform which utilizes big data processing, data science, and virtualization
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science
- At least 5 years of working programming experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Node.js development
- Good knowledge of Node.js frameworks, such as Hapi or Express is a plus
- Skilled in troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Linux
- Proficiency in RESTful APIs and API Communication
- Good grasp of asynchronous programming
- Experienced in Error-Handling is a plus
- Working knowledge of authentication and authorization is a plus
- Familiarity with fast in-memory data structure store and document-based database is a plus
- Experienced in writing secure code is a plus
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.