System Engineer, Shanghai (Major Accounts)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks Pre-Sales Systems Engineer 1 (SE1), you are an important member of the technical sales team, identifying complex security challenges in your customers’ networks and driving solutions with Palo Alto Networks’ market leading security products and services.
You are the technical sales representative of the company and must ensure full customer satisfaction with all that you do. You and your sales partner own the customer relationship and your goal is to help them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches while safely enabling applications by deploying the full Palo Alto Networks platform so that they can confidently pursue network, cloud, and mobile technology initiatives.
- Understand and effectively present Palo Alto Networks security platform and solutions.
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of Palo Alto Networks products and solutions.
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape.
- Identify and qualify new opportunities, and support technical presales activities to opportunity closure.
- Expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within existing accounts.
- Effectively enable and leverage channel partners and work successfully in a channel-driven sales model.
- Create evaluation test plans with customers, and manage the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
- Understand and effectively differentiate from competitive technologies and solutions.
- Understand and be prepared to assist customers through the support escalation process.
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain current technical knowledge.
- Participate in technical communities of interest.
- Technical Competence:
- BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator.
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable).
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load-balancing ).
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends.
- Knowledge of competitive solutions and selling strategies.
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and/or troubleshooting network infrastructure security products.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, modern datacenter and cloud infrastructure and technology.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, modern network threats and malware.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, network forensics and incident response.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, automation and orchestration tools and technologies.
- Relevant Palo Alto Networks certification – eg PCSNE, PSE, ACE, etc.
- Relevant industry certifications – eg. SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc.
- Agenda setting: Effectively articulates the Palo Alto Networks value proposition and vision for network security; Effective in identifying problems in customer environments and positioning Palo Alto Networks solutions; Effectively engages customers at technical field and technical management levels.
- Professional skills: Effective in customer facing engagement, and in writing, presentation, and creative problem solving skills; focused on continued development and experience.
- Attitude: Takes responsibility for own actions; self-motivated; consistently exhibits a positive attitude and demonstrates a “whatever-it-takes” mentality to get things done.
- Teamwork: Works productively with the immediate team and channel partners and can engage with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.