Desktop Support Specialist
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age. It’s inspired by our vision: a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t simple statements. They won’t be easy either – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the nature of cybersecurity as we are.
The IT Desktop Support Team Members aid their co-workers, both local and remote, providing technical troubleshooting and resolution to any and all computer hardware and software issues. As a member of our team, you will use your multitasking abilities and expert communication skills to follow through on all tickets and projects while maintaining that positive, professional, customer service mind-set you’ve always provided your IT customers.
- Provide technical support services for all aspects of user account setup and maintenance, system patching, antivirus, system imaging, break / fix on PC and Mac devices, video conference equipment, printers / copiers, phone systems, and general IT hardware and software
- Follow SOP documentation and raise issues appropriately to higher level of staff
- Handle individual workflow and maintain current ticket queue via IT ticketing system
- Provide Mobile support for iOS and Android devices
- Provide after hours and weekend on-call support as needed
- Develop and maintain productive and professional relationship with user base working with every level of the organization
- Strong service-oriented mentality a must. Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, ability and willingness to learn and cross train with other IT staff members required.
- Ability to quickly learn and cross train other IT team members
- Recent hands-on technical experience with Windows 10, MacOS Mojave, Google Cloud Products (Gmail, Drive, G Suite), Microsoft Active Directory, system imaging, VPN, PC and Apple hardware, and mobile devices
- Recent experience with remote access tools to support remote employees (Zoom, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, JAMF, and AirWatch)
The Employee Success Team builds and supports technology to create delightful experiences for our employees. It’s crucial that everything we offer and create are easy for people to use and understand. We have a high-performance culture filled with people that refuse to take no for an answer. Our team takes pride in taking technical excellence to a whole new level and are intrinsically motivated to do some of our best work yet.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our culture and dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our careers page.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.