Senior HW Lab Technician (Consumer Products)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We're seeking a Lab Technician who seeks to bring new state-of-the-art products that do not exist today to market. We are looking for candidates who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to pursue problems at every level. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture and we need candidates who can communicate at a high level and work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
As a member of our Consumer Group, you will be responsible for Lab operations, supporting the engineering and larger device team, utilizing your skills for rework and testing our new devices.
- High focus on overall design, manufacturability, serviceability and usability for Consumer PAN Products
- Drive Engineering and ODM counterpart teams
- Collaborate cross-functionally and maintain productive relationships with engineering, compliance, product management, manufacturing engineering, materials and planning teams
- Promote a healthy working environment with strong focus on individual career development.
- Develop and maintain new design processes to ensure product design quality in fast pace working environment
- Support both accessory and component commodity teams to ensure electrical engineering team early engagement
- 5+ years in consumer device development (networking products a plus)
- Device prototyping experience working with 3D printers
- Electronic experience reworking surface mount components
- Experience assembling and disassembling consumer electronics
- Experience running automated or semi-automated tests
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Associate or bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Verbal and written communication skills to work with multi-functional groups
- Teammate who brings a can-do attitude to a dynamic working environment
Our team designs and builds hardware devices, networking technologies, software, and services for delivering on customer needs and wants, innovating with opinion to anticipate customer requirements. Our designs are beautiful, customer appropriate, and functional.
The products you work on are new to Palo Alto Networks, so you are entrepreneurial and hands-on in your engineering approach while helping to craft a vision and being a key member to execute on that vision.
We contribute to Palo Alto Networks being the fastest growing cybersecurity company in the world by understanding the evolution of cyberattacks and designing products to keep users safer and more secure.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge the status quo of cybersecurity. We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, please visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.