Marketing Technology Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As part of Marketing Operations, our Marketing Data Science Team is looking for an accomplished technology manager who has a track record of implementing best practices in marketing technology and the web and is constantly pushing the limits of systems. You will use your creativity to bring innovative ideas to our current tools with the goal of optimizing our marketing and sales processes and data science projects.
Our fast-moving culture demands that you can bridge between talking to business users and building a practice, as well as collaborating effectively across organizations like IT, Sales Ops, Sales, and Marketing. We push decisions down – so you run mostly on autopilot. You are free to create, innovate and transform the business. This is an awesome opportunity for somebody who wants to take on new exciting challenges and a leadership role in a data science team.
- Integrate with third-party systems, launch new tools and enhancements to support optimization and scalability of business processes
- Product manage custom development projects with web, Marketing Operations, Marketing Data Science and IT development resources
- Build advanced capabilities that simplify workflows, improve productivity, and enable reporting. Perform QA and manage UAT with business to ensure a successful product launch
- Document processes and track the ROI of implementations to measure success and audit areas for improvement
- Design, develop and integrate leading edge enhancements of our tools while ensuring scalability and adoption
- Enjoy looking at existing processes and formulating new, innovative, system altering solutions
- Time will be focused on analyzing and innovating data collection systems such as People.ai and Medallia to ensure we are driving a leading-edge roadmap - and utilizing insights from these platforms to drive business outcomes
- Partner with stakeholders to understand key manual pain points, define business requirements; design, implement and operationalize solutions
- Team with vendors to integrate and implement their offerings. Analyze, define and implement the project plan, ensure security and privacy of the data
- Integrate with the necessary platforms (i.e. Salesforce.com and Marketo) to ensure automation and scalability of marketing and sales processes
- Streamline data movement between systems and ensure reportability of KPIs across systems
- Train business users on new tools and enhancements. This includes enablement and training materials as well as sharing to the appropriate forums
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing (or related field)
- 4 – 6+ years experience in marketing operations at a B2B company; enterprise software experience preferred.
- Integration experience with marketing automation platforms (such as Eloqua, Marketo or Adobe Marketing Cloud)
- Integration experience with Salesforce.com
- Ability to apply technical understanding to write clear Stories and Epics to articulate the needed functionality and expected usage for IT Development team for Agile Sprint work
- Excellent organizational, project management, and collaboration skills
- Skilled at resolving conflicts by taking an open communication style, customer-centric, service-minded, positive, win-win approach
- Able to develop productive and consultative working relationships across marketing, sales, IT, and data, warehousing teams.
- Fast learner, eager to learn new technologies. Roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic and willingness to take the initiative and make things happen
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritize, work independently, and problem solve, working comfortably under pressure
- Experience with Medallia or other customer feedback systems
- Experience with People.ai
- Salesforce Administrator Certification (Standard / Advanced
- Experience with vendor APIs
- Experience working with Data Science teams
Our marketing team has an opportunity like in no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security, globally. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.