Deal Desk Consultant (JAPAC)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a highly motivated, results orientated Deal Desk Consultant to join our JAPAC organization. The primary focus of this position will be to help structure profitable and compliant transactions that address the needs of a diverse set of internal corporate customers and increase the effectiveness and productivity of our sales teams. The right person for this job has a team player approach, the ability to work across departments with disparate needs and excels at problem solving through critical analysis and is challenged by process review and continuous improvement.
- Provide Sr. Leadership with financial models and evaluation of deal economics, commercial terms and conditionals and operational requirements to present risk/reward profile for opportunities
- Consultative approach for all company opportunities and significant / complex deals; Deal modeling and iteration positioning are core deliverables
- Focused on proactively driving best practices in deal design attributes and are always striving to find the right balance point of achieving the customer’s core objectives with Palo Alto Networks’ core objectives.
- Train your team and Sales on best practices of structuring complex deals.
- Become expert on sales quoting tools, reviewing and enforcing revenue recognition compliance for all quoting.
- Key resource reviewing and approving all non-standard pricing requests that reach the level of executive manager
- Review will include financial analysis for gross margin, VSOE compliance, non-standard terms requests
- Partner with field sales organization to drive large deal closure, including being one-touch resource for field sales; responsible for liaising with all organizations involved in the agreement process (finance, legal, order management, etc.) on behalf of sales. Personally, serves as a trusted advisor to field sales on deals
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders for decision support deal solutions
- Collaborate with impacted parties to generate acceptable documents to facilitate deal closure
- Assist in contractual reviews working with cross-functional stakeholders
- Ensure required approvals, such as discounts and contractual terms, are obtained and clearly documented
- Be a sales advocate and partner to internal organizations to understand contract requirements, structure, business terms and identification of potential risks and/or opportunities that can affect performance, growth and strategic positioning
- Responsible for adherence to and compliance with policy and procedures
- Review Order Forms for accuracy and compliance with internal policies
- Evaluate current processes and offer recommendations for areas of improvement
- Ensure that all transactions adhere to internal revenue recognition policies and operational guidelines
- Complete ad-hoc projects as required
- Proven relevant team lead experience (in a tech environment, in a Finance/sales operation role)
- Demonstrated capability to build strong working relationships with internal business units
- Ability to work independently in fast paced environment
- Experience of data analysis, modeling and/or financial analysis
- Intermediate/advanced Salesforce.com and MS Excel skills are a big plus
- Mentoring and / or team leading experience
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
Our sales operation team members support our sales account managers and systems engineers to assist in large organization’s migrations to more cybersecurity. Sales operations work behind the scenes to make sure that our sales relationships run smoothly, enabling and empowering the teams across the world.
You support the sales team by providing research, reports, and craft and support systems and processes that enable the process of sales. It’s a true partnership, one built on building the best cybersecurity solutions for each individual client.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.