VP Product Management (Service Provider)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is scaling its world-class product management organization and looking for its next senior leader in the area of service provider security solutions.
A massive transformation is underway in service provider networks. Mobile and fixed network convergence, migrations to 5G, and emerging IoT services all create unprecedented opportunities for service providers – if their networks can deliver secure and reliable services.
However, service providers can no longer rely on legacy security mechanisms. Traditional tools do not deliver the visibility into data and traffic across networks, endpoints and clouds, and all too often they cannot harness automation and analytics. A new approach is needed.
We deliver what service providers need to fundamentally transform their networks and operations – so they can protect their networks and customers, manage new risks, and take full advantage of new opportunities. Ready for a challenge?
- Responsible for the strategy and direction of service provider solutions
- Lead the service provider product management team
- Develop products and services and sell through opportunities
- Support service providers with offering creation, go-to-market strategy, and execution
- Market and customer analysis, requirements development, business case, collateral, pricing, product strategy, and product positioning
- Ability to work effectively with all areas of the organization, from engineering to sales
- Customer engagement and relationship development for product evangelism, and requirements gathering
- Feature prioritization and tradeoff decision-making
- Strong desire to take ownership of the full product life cycle
- Design something new, innovative, and disruptive
- Strong domain expertise in networking and security for service provider environments
- Minimum 10+ years in product management or equivalent
- Significant experience building and launching products/services for service providers and telcos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable track record of success and execution
- Willingness to travel to meet with customers to gather insight as well as provide recommendations to make the products successful globally
- BS/MS in a technical field
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implementing product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.